As far as I'm aware, dist-upgrade is still not recommended.
Hi people
When remastering Knoppix, is it a good option to do an "apt-get update" and an "apt-get dist-upgrade"?
The remastered Knoppix will still continues to work OK?
Or it is recommended to leave the packages the way they are?
Thank you very much
Nelson
As far as I'm aware, dist-upgrade is still not recommended.
The same por "apt-get upgrade?
So I need to leave the packages in peace when remastering Knoppix?
Thank you
upgrade should be ok. You can add or remove which every package you choose...
It would seem logical that a dist-upgrade would break your remaster just like it would an hdd install however what would happen if you changed your sources.list to only unstable? It is no problem to dist-upgrade a Kanotix remaster, in fact I wouldn't think it a good idea to leave packages on your remaster with known security issues.Originally Posted by cesman

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡
$109.99
Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P
$149.99
Juniper Networks EX3400-24T 24-Port Ethernet Switch w/Power Cord
$174.99
Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch
$245.00
Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p Discounted Cosmetic
$79.86
Juniper NS-ISG-GB4 : Juniper ISG GB4 4-Port
$99.29
Juniper Networks AP33-US Indoor Wifi6 (US Version) 5GHz: 4x4:4; 2.99
$24.99
Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply
$7299.99
Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port Gigabit PoE Managed Ethernet Switch
$79.99
Juniper Networks Mist Wireless Access Points, Model AP45
$59.99