Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Newbee Alert(!) and Problem...

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    16

    Newbee Alert(!) and Problem...

    While I've been using Linux for a few years I have recently started playing with Knoppix to redo some public workstations. For the past 2 weeks I have been reading and working with Knoppix but nothing seems to work...not even using the cheatcodes! I still have not been able to come up with the 'Rosetta Stone' to pull everything together! Can some one PLEASE point me to the essential NEWBEE guide with very detailed step-by-step instructions! I just got the 'Knoppix Hacks' book but even that seem to have a few holes. I REALLY(!!) need some pointers on this.

    Thanks...

    Richard-

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    949
    Whats seems to be the problem?

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    16
    Wanted to do a fast update on this post. I was about 10 minutes away from totally giving up when I ran across the REMASTER. Then continued reading and things started to come together...alittle! I'm still working on getting the details and steps worked out successfully each time.

    I have another question but I will post under different subject.

    Thanks,
    Richard-

Similar Threads

  1. Pls help the newbee
    By Ol Jock 99 in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-02-2005, 05:00 AM
  2. Newbee to Knoppix 3.6
    By andreas2000 in forum Laptops
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-29-2004, 02:31 PM
  3. /\/00bE alert....
    By DeadMale in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-01-2004, 06:22 PM
  4. SECURITY ALERT-Why It Seems To Be Ignored?
    By bongski55 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 08-18-2003, 07:58 AM
  5. newbee
    By killowhat in forum General Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-21-2003, 10:30 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR picture

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR

$96.60



NEW DELL TRUSTED PLATFORM MODULE TPM 2.0 POWEREDGE T430 T630 G13 SERVERS K98XH picture

NEW DELL TRUSTED PLATFORM MODULE TPM 2.0 POWEREDGE T430 T630 G13 SERVERS K98XH

$225.00



Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working picture

Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working

$149.99



NEW DELL TRUSTED PLATFORM MODULE TPM 2.0 POWEREDGE R730 SERVER M48YR RXW6R K98XH picture

NEW DELL TRUSTED PLATFORM MODULE TPM 2.0 POWEREDGE R730 SERVER M48YR RXW6R K98XH

$225.00



NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER picture

NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER

$1499.97



HPE Synergy 480 Gen10 Blade Server BAREBONES NO CPU, RAM OR HDD  🚚 picture

HPE Synergy 480 Gen10 Blade Server BAREBONES NO CPU, RAM OR HDD 🚚

$140.00



Dell PowerEdge FX2 FX2s Server 10GbE CMC Blade Enclosure Chassis picture

Dell PowerEdge FX2 FX2s Server 10GbE CMC Blade Enclosure Chassis

$274.99



Dell PowerEdge FX2 FX2s Server 10GbE CMC Blade Empty Chassis XJ6VP picture

Dell PowerEdge FX2 FX2s Server 10GbE CMC Blade Empty Chassis XJ6VP

$149.99



Cisco UCS 5108 Blade Server Chassis Enclosure N20-C6508 4x PSU 8x Fans 2x Fabric picture

Cisco UCS 5108 Blade Server Chassis Enclosure N20-C6508 4x PSU 8x Fans 2x Fabric

$174.99



NEW Cisco UCSB-5108-AC2 Blade Server Chassis 8 Slot 6RU Chassis 4 X PSU - DW picture

NEW Cisco UCSB-5108-AC2 Blade Server Chassis 8 Slot 6RU Chassis 4 X PSU - DW

$599.40