Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Newbee Alert(!) and Problem...

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    16

    Newbee Alert(!) and Problem...

    While I've been using Linux for a few years I have recently started playing with Knoppix to redo some public workstations. For the past 2 weeks I have been reading and working with Knoppix but nothing seems to work...not even using the cheatcodes! I still have not been able to come up with the 'Rosetta Stone' to pull everything together! Can some one PLEASE point me to the essential NEWBEE guide with very detailed step-by-step instructions! I just got the 'Knoppix Hacks' book but even that seem to have a few holes. I REALLY(!!) need some pointers on this.

    Thanks...

    Richard-

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    949
    Whats seems to be the problem?

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    16
    Wanted to do a fast update on this post. I was about 10 minutes away from totally giving up when I ran across the REMASTER. Then continued reading and things started to come together...alittle! I'm still working on getting the details and steps worked out successfully each time.

    I have another question but I will post under different subject.

    Thanks,
    Richard-

Similar Threads

  1. Pls help the newbee
    By Ol Jock 99 in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-02-2005, 05:00 AM
  2. Newbee to Knoppix 3.6
    By andreas2000 in forum Laptops
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-29-2004, 02:31 PM
  3. /\/00bE alert....
    By DeadMale in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-01-2004, 06:22 PM
  4. SECURITY ALERT-Why It Seems To Be Ignored?
    By bongski55 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 08-18-2003, 07:58 AM
  5. newbee
    By killowhat in forum General Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-21-2003, 10:30 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN picture

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN

$115.00



Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026 picture

Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026

$13.99



Dell SonicWall TZ400 Network Security Appliance Firewall New picture

Dell SonicWall TZ400 Network Security Appliance Firewall New

$185.00



Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU picture

Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU

$649.00



Microsoft SQL Server 2025 Standard 32 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License Package picture

Microsoft SQL Server 2025 Standard 32 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License Package

$299.00



All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive picture

All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive

$15.95



NVIDIA Jetson TK1 + Intel NUC Compute Cluster Tray w/ Netgear 16-Port Switch picture

NVIDIA Jetson TK1 + Intel NUC Compute Cluster Tray w/ Netgear 16-Port Switch

$499.99



Maxed HP MicroServer Gen8 3.5GHz Xeon E3-1270 V2 16GB RAM 40TB RAID 1TB SSD NAS picture

Maxed HP MicroServer Gen8 3.5GHz Xeon E3-1270 V2 16GB RAM 40TB RAID 1TB SSD NAS

$1499.00



BOSGAME E4 Air Mini PC, AMD Ryzen 5 3500U 8GB DDR4 256GB SATA SSD picture

BOSGAME E4 Air Mini PC, AMD Ryzen 5 3500U 8GB DDR4 256GB SATA SSD

$169.99



Multi-Boot Linux & Utility 18 in 1 USB – Best of 2026 Free Same-Day Shipping picture

Multi-Boot Linux & Utility 18 in 1 USB – Best of 2026 Free Same-Day Shipping

$22.99