-
Senior Member
registered user
I got this friend, see?
No, really. Ok. Now, after years in windows world in IT where my coworkers only told me linux was crap (and I secretly ran it at home, hehe, with help of you all) I found myself on a temp job in an IT dept where there is, get this, there is like a unix administrator or engineer or some such. OOH somebody that doesn't think linux is crap. Sounds good so far, right?
Well, now it seems this may be worse than the folks that think linux is crap, he thinks debian is. Or darn close to it. When I have my little problems, oops, just nuked X, oops nuked grub his response is I have no business running debian because it is for developers and hackers and I should run something nice and sweet like fedora. Now I know my problems have nothing to do with debian (kanotix here). More my KDE fetishism for the well, what's the latest KDE? Or trying out another distro on spare partition, the installer of which never fails to nuke my grub and refuses to boot my kanotix kernel.
I don't know enough linux to tell him, damnit, debian is wonderful. It is easy to install, it is easy to install stuff to, it is just perfect for an idiot like myself! Or is it? I did just try fedora. oooh not good. For me, anyway. It is like to me all those folks that bitch about apt and dpkg, I think it is dreadfully hard. I haven't managed to get anything installed. And I can't even call it a comfortable thing to just browse the web on. How do you tell somebody you love your distro? Especially when you are an idiot and don't know why?
Debian has been very good to me. If it wasn't for kanotix, there would be no linux for me
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99

GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5
$189.99

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99

Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.90

ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio
$34.99

ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI ATX RGB
$69.99

ASUS PRIME Z890-P WIFI Z890 LGA 1851 ATX motherboard, Intel® Core™ Ultra Series
$235.99

Dell XPS 8940 Desktop Motherboard Intel H470 LGA1200 DDR4 K3CM7 KV3RP 427JK
$154.99