-
Senior Member
registered user
thank you, Cuddles. Needed a debian shoulder to cry on. No, don't think he is trying to show off. I think he really believes fedora is stabler. Looking at what I have here, oh my. It probably is for someone who knows what they are doing! This fedora seems to have a mind of its own. It acts almost like a workstation looking for mamaship all the time though the one thing I am sure of is I didn't choose workstation install. Actually, it is acting like a networked windows computer. It even does this "autorun" when it hits the desktop and I can't find where that is coming from. Why it seems so strange to see so many "users". And my missing commands, goshdarnit I wanna see what modules are loaded. I know they must be there. Just like iptables are there...but iptables -L, nopers can't see.
Am I wrong or is redhat the one that it hides how to login in as root and it is some secret society handshake or something in order to do it and you never breath a word of it? It is redhat or mandrake, I remember that. I don't do that. Unless absolutely necessary but I would very much like to find out why it thinks I am three different people LOL this has been different.
So I am hopeless at linux. But I will hang on to debian until it tells me I need a degree to run it
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99

5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play
$31.99

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern
$15.25

Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts
$69.00

D-Link DGS-1210-28P 28-Port PoE Gigabit Web Smart Switch With Cord
$49.99

Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks
$224.95