OErjan, just bought the "Simpsons Hit & Run" game ( note the wording here, I "BOUGHT" the game ) - it refuses to run within WINE, considering the game likes DirectX 8.1 for video and audio, I think something is missing from my WINE install... I "had" to boot my Win98 install, to install it, and test run / play it, to be sure it wasnt a "flackey" game... ANYONE know how to get DirectX running in WINE ??????

As for everyone else, I think it is a Sid thing, with everything changing, doing a "blanket" upgrade, can only be a sign of the armegedeon, and, an eternity of pergatory for a Linux user. With all the "dynamic" 'ness of Sid packages, each one going into Sarge at a moment notice, and something new being introduced into Sid, its more of a "witches" kettle, with a mixture of incantations of spells, brews, and strange creatures thrown into the pot. This "mixture" is an accident waiting to happen, and the apt-get upgrade is like one extra "eye of knute" to a perfectly fine witches brew. ( KDE is another example )

I have found a delicate sprinkle of Synaptic and doing upgrades only on the packages I want, to be a nice way of keep the "witches pot" from going into "overdrive" and causing a Linux user to go berzerk... I just live with the "600 packages left back, or not upgraded" message, now. ( considering the outcome, and possible reprecusions, of doing the dreaded "blanket" upgrade with Sid, its a nice consolation prize )

As one gets "used" to running Knoppix, you learn what to do, and what NOT to do, in its normal running, or at least you should, unless ones intent is to have "a life in HELL", or, you learn how to applease "Hell's" gatekeeper if your choice is to do what you probably shouldn't be doing