-
PnPBIOS: You may need to reboot with the "nobiospnp" option to operate stably
First time I've seen this one.Did you try booting with this option?
Hit F2 at boot screen
Type "knoppix26 nobiospnp"
Another one to try would be "knoppix26 noscsi"
I know that probing for scsi cards breaks some wired nics.I had to use "noscsi"
on my compaq or my natsemi nic wouldn't work.
Something else.Do you bring down eth0 before trying to bring up ath0?
You can have 2 ip's,but why confuse things.
ifconfig eth0 down
iwconfig ath0 essid "GIGABYTE" channel 6 mode Managed
Wait a couple of seconds
pump -i ath0
If it still doesn't work
pump -i eth0 brings you back up.
Try the 2 boot codes,alone and together
knoppix26 noscsi
knoppix26 nobiospnp
knoppix26 noscsi nobiospnp
I have a feeling it's a boot code thing.From your iwconfig output I feel
your card's not transmitting.My prism54 card would transmit and associate
alright,but then it wouldn't get the dhcp reply when it asked for an ip.
You might want to play with some other boot codes,too.Be systematic
about it so you narrow it down.
Have you tried wlcardconfig?If you use this,you know you are calling
iwconfig properly.
ifconfig eth0 down
wlcardconfig
click through the options
pump -i ath0
I'd be getting frustrated if I was you,but don't give up.Linux,for me,is all
about learning.I cussed that f!@#$% Compaq like you wouldn't believe
but it forced me to learn alot.I've had it a couple of years and I've run
many distros on it,custom kernels and all.Your box is alot more compatable.
I finally bought a toshiba.When I wanted to get the touchpad to have
tapclick and scrolling,it was trivial to patch some drivers and rebuild the kernel.
You might also want to try Mandrake Move and see if it works under Mandrake.
I assume you have this card up and working under windows?
Nice box,BTW
Similar Threads
-
By cmoder in forum Networking
Replies: 9
Last Post: 10-07-2005, 07:47 AM
-
By m2bord in forum Networking
Replies: 7
Last Post: 08-01-2005, 04:03 AM
-
By The Conman in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-27-2005, 01:01 AM
-
By Zuiden in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-20-2005, 04:09 AM
-
By Nu2Knoppix in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-10-2003, 03:08 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57

Knoppix NSM 1.2
$8.00

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM
$7.00

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.98