Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: problem with ipw2100

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    6

    problem with ipw2100

    Hello!!

    My English is not very good, so sorry for my faults

    I'm going to comment you my problem:

    When I runing Knoppix 3.7 on CD with Kernel 2.6, my ipw2100 card works in an appropiate way and connectes with all wlan, but when I install Knoppix on Hdd the card isnīt found and the modules are charged.

    Thanks a lot for the answers

  2. #2
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441

    Re: problem with ipw2100

    Quote Originally Posted by vallejo
    .... my ipw2100 card works in an appropiate way and connectes with all wlan, but when I install Knoppix on Hdd the card isnīt found and the modules are charged..........
    This looks like a problem that belongs in either the HDD Install forum or the Networking Forum much more than in the General Support forum. Since you have Networking working, I would suggest the HDD install forum.

    While I don't know about your particular card, I see the same "it worked when I booted from CD but stopped working when I installed to hard disk" problems over and over again in the networking forum. I'm guessing if you scan through the old posts you find more ideas for a solution faster than waiting for an answer. I expect the HDD Install forum must have discussed this type of problem many times too.

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    36

    Re: problem with ipw2100

    Quote Originally Posted by vallejo
    Hello!!

    My English is not very good, so sorry for my faults

    I'm going to comment you my problem:

    When I runing Knoppix 3.7 on CD with Kernel 2.6, my ipw2100 card works in an appropiate way and connectes with all wlan, but when I install Knoppix on Hdd the card isnīt found and the modules are charged.

    Thanks a lot for the answers
    try as root
    #modprobe ipw2100
    #pump -i eth1

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    6
    thanks for the answer, I tried to execute what you said me, but not work.

    I have questioned that in HDD Install and Networking forum too.

  5. #5
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    36
    Quote Originally Posted by vallejo
    thanks for the answer, I tried to execute what you said me, but not work.

    I have questioned that in HDD Install and Networking forum too.
    what problems?

    did you switch to root?

    do you know what eth your wireless is? it may not be eth1

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    6
    Hello, I think that the problem is solved. I comment ipw2100 line in /etc/modules and the wireless work correctly.

    I see this solution in kanotix forum.

    Thanks for all answers.

Similar Threads

  1. ipw2100 firmware problem on bootup
    By leif81 in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-20-2005, 07:03 PM
  2. problem with ipw2100
    By vallejo in forum Networking
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-07-2004, 01:32 PM
  3. problem with ipw2100
    By vallejo in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-03-2004, 10:12 PM
  4. No WLAN adapter found (ipw2100)
    By ziginet in forum Networking
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-06-2004, 06:37 PM
  5. Install new ipw2100 driver
    By BlueEyes in forum Networking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-22-2004, 12:19 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit picture

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit

$19.99



Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP,  (6 CDS) picture

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)

$10.00



KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED picture

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED

$11.99



Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive picture

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive

$5.99



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick

$20.85



Knoppix NSM 1.2 picture

Knoppix NSM 1.2

$8.00



VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION) picture

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)

$7.57



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick

$21.42



Hamshack Live DVD-ROM picture

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM

$7.00



Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006 picture

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006

$33.98