In the moment i am stuck as my bootflopy became unreadable, and even after booting the very same knoppix that was used for the hdinstall, I still am unable to create a bootfloppy, as lilo tryes to write some (intermediat?) data to /boot. But as /boot is on the cd, it fails - file system only readable.
Using the mounted /mnt/hda8/sbin/lilo results in the same error.
Wasn't there a way to copy the linux kernel directly to the flopy (with dd) and swith the root system?

EDIT: With copying my kernel to a disk (with dd) and using the rdev command to change the root file system I finally succeeded in booting into my linux installation onece more. The rest was easy, thanks to your good description. I am already writing this mail under linux started by the means of the Windows bootloader.
Thank you very much for your help

Hellfred