-
Junior Member
registered user
cfdisk problems!! Not the same as above discussion
OK, here's the deal. When I get into cfdisk I have the follow 3 partitions: hda1, hda2, hda3 being used by Boot (100Mb), Knoppix (19Gb) and Swap (500Mb) respectively. I just want to create another partition but when I select the Knoppix partition and press "n" it tells me "This partition already in use". So my question is, how do I make another partition? .
Thanks
-
Senior Member
registered user
You can't repartition a drive if it's mounted. You'll have to reboot w/ the Knoppix cd and shrink your 19G partition w/ qtparted then create a new partition in the freespace. Realize however that this may cause some weird happenings w/ your partition layout! Personally I would delete the swap partition and recreate it after resizing your 19G partition.
-
Junior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
mzilikazi
You'll have to reboot w/ the Knoppix cd and shrink your 19G partition w/ qtparted then create a new partition in the freespace. Realize however that this may cause some weird happenings w/ your partition layout! Personally I would delete the swap partition and recreate it after resizing your 19G partition.
You're going to have to explain that to like my a retard, cause that just went way over my head. Here's what I understood: I boot knoppix off of the CD, go into cfdisk and delete the swap partition. That's it... What's qtparted? And how does it work?
Similar Threads
-
By McGyver in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 9
Last Post: 01-27-2005, 10:25 PM
-
By bubazoo in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-21-2003, 05:19 PM
-
By Mogiin in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 08-26-2003, 07:33 PM
-
By senorian in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 6
Last Post: 05-20-2003, 03:38 PM
-
By douglas2 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-11-2003, 03:15 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2
$75.99

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00

CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go
$75.00

WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure
$119.99

Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA Drives External Array
$55.00

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95

NVME M.2 Adapter Card PCIE X16 Splitter Expansion Controller 4-Disk Soft RAID
$24.43

Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board
$300.00

Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004
$649.99