-
Is it possible that knoppix reset my BIOS to PNP=YES?
When I powered up my gentoo system this morning my dual monitors no longer worked because Plug And Play had been reset to YES. Last night I had run the new Knoppix CD. Is it possible that running Knoppix for the first time on this machine caused my BIOS to reset?
Thanks.
PostScript: I haven't been able to reproduce the effect. At least not with the new diskset. I *did* boot yesterday with both the new set and one I got earlier this summer. I'm beginning to think it's not knoppix but gremlins or maybe I'm sleephacking.
Similar Threads
-
By askme in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 8
Last Post: 09-25-2017, 02:47 AM
-
By jgolay in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 07-28-2005, 09:49 PM
-
By transistorman57508 in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-22-2004, 04:12 PM
-
By reub2000 in forum Ideas
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-29-2004, 10:03 PM
-
By rayman in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-03-2003, 07:26 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Rare California Computer Systems Boards for Altair IMSAI S-100 Systems
$275.00

Vintage Rare Cromemco Boards for Altair IMSAI S-100 Systems
$225.00

MITS 88 SIOB Serial-TT, An Single Serial I/O Port S-100Board For the Altair 8800
$189.95

SSM IO-4 S100 I/O Interface Board 2-Serial 2-Parallel Altair IMSAI Untested
$119.99

MITS Altair 8800 4K RAM Board
$675.00

Vintage Octagon 256K Static RAM (32 x HM6264LP-12) Board S-100 Altair IMSAI
$150.00

S-100 backplane motherboard bare PCB 9 slot (for Altair/IMSAI)
$34.99

S-100 Vector Graphic 64K Ram Board (Altair, IMSAI)
$99.95

CP/M 86 1.1R 8086 Highmonitor 8 Inch Floppy Diskette 80s IMSAI Altair
$29.99

Microcomputer Builder's Bible IMSAI 8080 Z80 ADM-3A DEC LSI-11 Altair 8800 Bus
$59.99