Sounds like a great idea!!! There are alot of big stuff, flightgear map of the world....
That would be a great iso to put somewhere.
Bill
This is going in the other direction of most people but I wanted to try it I haven't added much to it yet just distcc, blender and wings3d.
I burnt the image onto a dvd-rw and booted it on a laptop and everything works fine, now to start adding some big things like my 2 gig Unreal Tournament folder and see what the speed is like.
Anybody else try Knoppix on dvd?
Martin
Sounds like a great idea!!! There are alot of big stuff, flightgear map of the world....
That would be a great iso to put somewhere.
Bill
I suggested this to Klauss several months ago and he said it would run too slow!
Regards,
I will keep adding to it and see what the speed is like so far its okay just a lag as the disk spins up.
I want to put some games like Unreal Tournament Demo but I would need nvidia acceleration and doing a search it doesn't look like its being done.
Any other suggestions for adding to it, big programs that won't fit on a cdrom.
Martin
I saw your post about Knoppix on DVD and REALLY want to get a clue how you did it. I have the small (80mm) 1.45Gb disks in my drawer and want to be able to get Knoppix onto one of them. I know it won't be as easy as burning a CD, but I am able to burn regular DVD's in WinXP. Any ideas for me?![]()
Blender! yea baby
I created the image using the remastering how-to then I burned the image using dvd-decrypter under xp.
Dvd-decrypter is a great free program that will work when Nero won't to the job.
My later attemps using a larger compressed file system failed, I have to do some more testing to see if something got corrupted or if there is a size limit on the compressed file system.
I wonder if its possible to have more than one compressed file system on a disk and mount them seperately.
Martin
The bigger the image will get indeed,the slower it will get.
Isn't it possible to create then multiple img files and mount them seperately to accelerate it ?
I think by wisely deviding them (ex. each big game an img file) wouldn't it
accelerate things a little ?
Nevertheless using DVD's I think wouldn't demand a considerable amount of memory (read ramdisk ) extra to load the game.
In case of that extra memory maybe create more then 1 ramdisk ? A part for the system and a part for large gamefiles ?
Or is there maybe a trick on creating extra buffermemory for the DVD player ?
I think we'll have to wait for the new ATA standard.
Greetings,
It works! I have my Knoppix 3.2 on a 1.45Gb 8cm mini DVD. I couldn't get the DVD-RAM to work with DVD-Decryptor though. Is there a problem with DVD-RAM and DVD-Decryptor. I checked their site and there doesn't seem to be any info about it.
Cool, I don't know about dvd-ram I have been using dvd-rw's to play with this and they work fine.
Next I want to get the nvidia drivers working so I can try some games on it.
Martin

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99
Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)
$300.00
DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D
$49.29
Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ
$350.00
ATARI Mouse with Adapter for ST, STE, Mega STE, TT Optical - USA Seller
$29.99
SDrive Max Floppy Drive Emulator Atari 8-Bit 400/800/XL/XE Firmware 1.5 USB C R2
$70.00
Gotek USB Floppy Emulator v3.44 OLED (no speaker) Amiga Atari IBM Roland AKAI
$44.00
A8PicoCart Multicart for Atari 800xl /65xe / 130xe / XEGS
$16.95
UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE
$34.25
Atari 1200XL Computer Game Console Vintage Console 100% Tested Working
$500.00