-
Administrator
Site Admin-
loss on "unread" information
I just wanted to pass along that several times, including just now, I've seen the site lose track of what articles I still have left unread. Today's case is fairly typical: I came to the site this afternoon, saw that there were many forums that had new articles in them. I opened one forum. I started reading some of the new messaged. Something came up and I had to leave for about an hour. When I came back I finished up on the links from the forum. Then I went back to the main Knoppix forum list. But all of the forums now showed that they had no new messages, even though I could clearly see that their most recent message timestamps were more recent that the last time I had read the forum. Note that I never used the "mark all messages as read" feature (which I would hope applies only to the current forum anyway, but was not a factor never the less).
As I have seen similar operation before. maybe this is somehow an intended operation of the site, but I'm hard pressed to understand why it works this way.
Similar Threads
-
By oman in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-03-2004, 06:44 PM
-
By Al Hayes in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-05-2004, 11:57 AM
-
By oreo in forum General Support
Replies: 11
Last Post: 07-23-2003, 06:33 PM
-
By geebee2000 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 9
Last Post: 05-21-2003, 07:29 PM
-
By Juny in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-14-2003, 09:02 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Rare Vintage Macintosh Apple Wooden Disk Storage Box Dovetailed
$69.95

Vintage 1998 iMac G3 M4984 Mac OS + Keyboard Working but Needs Some Repair Read
$295.00

Apple Power Macintosh PowerPC 7300/200 VTG w Keyboard Mouse Storage Drive Read
$199.99

Apple Macintosh DuoDock Duo Dock M7779 & Powerbook 230 Vintage Mac RARE Vintage
$249.00

Apple Macintosh Quadra 605 Vintage Desktop Computer, Model M1476 Untested
$299.00

LARGE LOT Vintage Apple Macintosh Mouse Cables Accessories SCSI etc - UNTESTED
$80.00

185--Sonnet Crescendo G3 PPCG3-375-5-K-06 G3 Add-On Card for Vintage Mac
$99.00

Retro Vintage Apple M0110A Compact Wired Mechanical keyboard for Macintosh Plus
$64.95

Apple Macintosh Classic M1420 Vintage All-in-One Desktop Computer
$95.00

Mixed Lot Vintage Mac Windows media / Graphics / Sound Software - CDs 37 Pieces
$40.99