-
Administrator
Site Admin-

Originally Posted by
eadz
.....I mean new messages since last session, and it will store the begining time of your current session to use to get the new messages..
OK, I'm still not getting it, since I can refresh a forum after I've read some new message and I only see the new ones that I have not read yet as new, not all the ones that were new when I open it, and not just ones that came in since I opened it.
But lets assume I'm just dense and lack some basic understanding here. Let me move on to a more important question. Clearly there is some sort of timer going on, since we all agree that if I open a group and come back a few hours later than messages that had been flagged as new will no longer be flagged as new for me. My problem is that this timer seems way too short - just a couple of hours or less. Knowing that this will happen has affected the way I use the site in two undesirable ways: I avoid visiting the site at all unless I expect to have some time to devote to it, and when I am on the site I find I spend more time than I would like (I don't go off and do other things, my previous mode of operation, since I don't want new mesages to "expire".) My question is, can this time interval that resets the new messages be changed, either by a setting in the individual's profile, or by a universal setting in the program, to a larger value? Two hours or less is just too short - I would hope for a value somewhere between 24 and 36 hours. That would give a user time to visit the site, see new messages, get called away (to dinner, to walk the dog, on any of those other little things called life) and still come back and not have new stuff expired, yet still allow the automatic expire thing to work as intended.
Similar Threads
-
By oman in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-03-2004, 06:44 PM
-
By Al Hayes in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-05-2004, 11:57 AM
-
By oreo in forum General Support
Replies: 11
Last Post: 07-23-2003, 06:33 PM
-
By geebee2000 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 9
Last Post: 05-21-2003, 07:29 PM
-
By Juny in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-14-2003, 09:02 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed
$199.99

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597
$36.98

Arista DCS-7050SX-64-R 48P 10GbE SFP+ 4P 40GbE QSFP+ RA Switch
$115.00

Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts
$69.00

Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks
$224.95

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99