For the sake of someone who has never remastered, can you provide information on how to change this default or a link to the information? (I wouldn't mind adding the few cheat codes I need when booting too.)Originally Posted by locutus
Today made the 4th household where Knoppix was used getting back online after MS Windows software had extreme "issues". Two of those households are now running Linux 100% of the time and soon a third will be. The forth site had already purchased a new computer before I was able to get them Knoppix for the old/corrupt PC. I might have to wait until this one gets corrupted before they'll relook at Knoppix/Linux but that probably won't take long.
Thanks Mr Knopper and associates.
BTW, changing the default boot parms to include home=scan and myconfig=scan makes for a nice reuseable boot system. I use this in cases where a potential user isn't quite ready to fully switch to Linux but wants to use Knoppix over and over for awhile before deciding.
For the sake of someone who has never remastered, can you provide information on how to change this default or a link to the information? (I wouldn't mind adding the few cheat codes I need when booting too.)Originally Posted by locutus
I hope you know how to make a bootable CD. You'll need to know that to do this little "hack" of Knoppix.
The boot file you need to edit is found on the Knoppix CD:
/boot/isolinux/isolinux.cfg
ADD the following two items to the first APPEND entry:
myconfig=scan home=scan
NOTE: don't make them the first/second item or one of them won't work. Funky, but that's what I ran into.
FYI: I used the handy Remastering scripts( see Remaster forum and look for something about Remastering the Easy Way ) to build my system so you might need to look at those scripts on how to specify the boot image needed when burning your updated Knoppix back to CD.
Originally Posted by locutus
As a guerilla fighter in the war against microsoft, burn a dozen Knoppix cds, take them to Compusa, bestbuy, circuit city, etc etc... Put the bootable knoppix in choice Pc's and power off....When a customer decides to check out the computer theyre looking to buy theyll boot the Linux Os and fall in love.
![]()
As a Splinter Cell (PS2) addict make sure to shoot out any cameras and disable any Microsoft insergents before you pop knoppix in.![]()
![]()
Yea, don't get caught, you'll be in big trouble for putting weird cds into their computers.

Lot 4 Samsung 64gb PC4-25600 2Rx4 DDR4-3200AA ECC RDIMM Reg Server Memory RAM
$3199.00
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$225.00
Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Standard 64bit 32 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key Sealed
$95.99
Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00
Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1625.00
Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99
RDS CAL - Remote Desktop Services Windows Server 2019 50 User/Device Connections
$63.00
Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50