Easy. Simply use a cheatcode at the boot prompt:
nousb
I lost a desktop computer in a terrible lightning strike. Adding insult to injury, my laptop, which was not even plugged in, got zapped, too. It was fierce – lightbulbs burst out of the fixtures and all. It was a direct hit – my neighbor’s tree got toasted. But anyway, I digress.
My laptop, on which I’ve got tons of business invoices and pictures (I’m a photographer) now halts at agp440.sys on boot in Windows safe mode. After pulling my hair out for the last 6 months trying to solve the agp440.sys problem, I read about Knoppix.
Thought it might be a promising alternative, so I downloaded it and am trying it for the first time. The .iso burn went great, and I have a working bootable Knoppix. On the laptop (a.k.a. “zaptop”), it hangs up on “Checking for USB…”
I tried disabling USB legacy support in BIOS, then enabling it, and still it hangs on USB. Lord, I don’t need USB!! All I want to do is get one last crack at that HDD to get the invoices and event photos off it… I’ve already written the laptop off as a gonner (bought a new computer – the one I’m typing this on).
If you can shed some light (eww, no pun intended) on my situation, I'd appreciate it. Is there some way I can disable USB in Knoppix? If you answer, please talk to me like I'm a moron, because my experience w/Linux is the 5 minutes I spent making this CD (which is very cool, by the way).
Thanks!
Easy. Simply use a cheatcode at the boot prompt:
nousb

Vintage Apple II Avant-Garde Creations Super Shape Draw And Animate 1981
$295.00
Vintage (1979) Sanyo VM-4209 ‘Videoscope’ Monitor - Working
$325.00
Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New
$75.00
Vintage HP Hewlett Packard 2112A 21MX 1000 M-Series 16-Bit Minicomputer
$599.99
Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks
$79.00
Vintage AppleCare Protection Plan Box for Mac Model 607-3517 COLLECTIBLE ONLY
$20.00
Lot of Vintage 90’s Compaq Computers How Does How Can I Booklets
$39.95
Factory Sealed Windows 2000 Professional Upgrade Edition Vintage PC Software NOS
$50.00
Vintage NEC PC-8001 32KB RAM Fully Working Set w/ Monitor Cable & Tape
$499.00
Vintage ECS Micro-ATX Desktop Case | Beige/Dark Grey | *READ*
$80.00