-
Administrator
Site Admin-
You're not giving much information, like even just how far it's getting into the boot. If you're not getting to the first prompt then I would guess an improper burn or even a bad md5 sum on what you downloaded. However, if you got to the first prompt (I'm guessing you did) then you could have different issues. While you could still have a bad CD (particularly if you burned it at a very high speed), you most liikely need to use some sort of "cheat codes" as you boot. Knoppix 3.4 is much worse about this than early versions (in 3.1 I needed no cheat codes, in 3.4 I need two different ones or I can't boot and hang like you do). In my case I need "knoppix noscsi acpi=off". You can try that, but you might need different codes. I know of no good way beyond trial and error to find what code or (much worse) what codes you might need. Sorry.
Similar Threads
-
By dayv2005 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-24-2006, 11:51 PM
-
By jotruelove in forum The Lounge
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-23-2006, 10:22 PM
-
By newlin in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-30-2005, 03:53 AM
-
By Hauck in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-23-2004, 05:59 PM
-
By soar in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 01-30-2004, 12:32 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT500MX500SSD1
$52.99

SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL STATE DRIVE
$214.99

Western Digital Blue 3D NAND 500GB Internal 2.5" (WDS500G2B0A) SSD
$43.99

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive
$39.99

Western Digital WD Blue 3D NAND 500GB 2.5in SATA III Internal SSD WDS500G2B0A
$41.99

128GB SSD M.2 PCIE NVME Solid State Drive Mix Brand Samsung, WD, SK Hynix Kioxia
$16.59

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00

M.2 SATA SSD 2280 128GB 256GB 512GB major brands | Very Good health
$35.99

Samsung 870 EVO 500GB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD V-NAND MZ-77E500
$85.00

128TB External SSD Solid State Drive Hard Drive Disk PC Phones Mac Games Videos
$97.60