-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: installing firefox

Originally Posted by
styven
have downloaded firefox, it has been installed and i am using it now to type this, but i don't seem to have a desktop icon and can't create it. much frustration!!!!!!
if i close down now, i can't get back in.
Just to try and help here, explain "cant create it" - you cant find the program to make the icon, or you can create the icon, but it doesnt work???
Can you run firefox from a terminal ( CLI ) screen? -=- if you can, then creating an icon on the desktop would just mean placing firefox in the box that asks for the command or program to run... ( I am assuming the program name is "firefox", since I run "mozilla", I can type that on any terminal screen, and get a web browser screen to fire off )
I can also have more than one "web browser" screen running, I dont have to close one to get one started - in fact, I currently have three, one for here, one for my home page, and the one I just fired off using mozilla in my "user" terminal screen, just to prove I can run the command through a CLI
Hope this helps,
Ms. Cuddles
Similar Threads
-
By sassi67 in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 10-11-2005, 12:39 PM
-
By webguytx in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 4
Last Post: 10-10-2005, 10:40 PM
-
By maxIT in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-03-2005, 05:53 PM
-
Replies: 7
Last Post: 12-02-2004, 09:17 AM
-
By jMon54 in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 10-29-2004, 04:07 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Apple USB Mouse M4848 Bondi Blue iMac G3 Hockey Puck - Tested Working
$22.99

dBase 1.0 for Vintage Apple Macintosh Computers New in Box Sealed
$119.00

Vintage Apple Macintosh Ethernet Network Card 820-0207-A 1987 NuBus Adapter
$55.00

Lot of 3 VIntage Apple Computer Rainbow Logo Sticker Decal Macintosh 1980s NOS
$7.00

Vintage Apple Mac OS 9 Retail Box 1999 Sherlock 2 Original CD Manuals
$50.00

Vintage Apple Newton MessagePad 120 w/ Stylus Flash Card & Software *WORKS*
$99.99

Vintage Apple IIc Computer Carrying Case Bag Grey Canvas Rainbow Logo 1980s
$74.99

Vintage 1989 APPLE MACINTOSH IIci M5780 Desktop Personal Computer UNTESTED
$99.90

Apple cloth fabric banner iBook tangerine orange New Old Stock Vintage
$99.00

Vintage Apple Multiple Scan 15av Display Monitor M4681
$299.99