-
Wireless Card not detected
Hello all. New to Linux and Knoppix, though I've begun to experiment with them both.
I'm running a VPR Matrix 180B5 notebook with a built in Orinoco wireless 802.11b card. Knoppix (3.2, I think, from the number showing up on the background of the desktop) does not see the card.
I tried running something I found in another forum (wlcardconfig, I think it was), but it told me no card was connected. I'm trying to connect to a WAP that has a WPA-PSK enabled.
Any tips on how to get the card detected? Is 3.2 the latest version of Knoppix still (and how do I check the version I'm running, which I downloaded a few months ago)?
Nonetheless, a bit of a fan of this--it allowed me to rescue a whole bunch of files from an otherwise dead computer.
Thanks for any help,
Emmet
Similar Threads
-
By StevoB in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-04-2005, 12:05 PM
-
By redlair in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-26-2005, 10:09 PM
-
By ngs in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-20-2005, 07:26 PM
-
By B0SC0 in forum Networking
Replies: 4
Last Post: 02-19-2005, 03:01 AM
-
By InternetJunky in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-05-2004, 05:29 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2
$75.99

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99

Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004
$649.99

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00

Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA Drives External Array
$55.00

MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00
$1619.19

G-Technology G-RAID 24TB Dual-Drive External HDD TB3 USB 3.1 7200RPM Silver
$299.99

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95

Broadcom MegaRAID 9480-8e Fujitsu PRAID EP540e SAS RAID Card (Replac 9380-8e) 8i
$228.00

EMC KTN-SL3 15-Bay Disk Array Enclosure w/2x 303-108-000E Cards, Dual PSU,No HDD
$239.99