-
Junior Member
registered user
Hi Emmet,
I am pretty new to Linux and Knoppix as well and am a big fan. Some partial answers to your question. No doubt others can give you more information.
As far as I can tell, 3.6 is the latest worldwide distribution of Knoppix. You can download it from any of many mirror sites. The 3.6 distribution contains ndiswrapper, which is currently needed for most wireless cards. Take a look at the networking forum for instructions on how to do this. Surprisingly easy. The distribution you are using does not contain ndiswrapper and I doubt you can get wireless going using it without a lot of grief, if at all.
3.6 wireless does work., although you have to manually configure each after booting Knoppix from CD. I have not been able to get sticky config files to work in this regard. Still not too onerous and no doubt will be fixed in the future. I use a MS 720 wireless adapter which tells you just how tolerant the linux community is.
There is a german only distribution of Knoppix, called 3.7. Again check the forums if you want to download it. Harder to find, but out there. The cheatcode lang=us at boot time will get you into english. This version has a firewall capability. I am currently playing with it. So far due to my limited knowledge regarding firewalls, I am not able to comment further.
Hope this helps some.
sci_fi
Similar Threads
-
By StevoB in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-04-2005, 12:05 PM
-
By redlair in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-26-2005, 10:09 PM
-
By ngs in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-20-2005, 07:26 PM
-
By B0SC0 in forum Networking
Replies: 4
Last Post: 02-19-2005, 03:01 AM
-
By InternetJunky in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-05-2004, 05:29 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch
$439.00

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New
$101.99

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords
$205.00

CISCO Services Router C891F-K9, Grade B, SKU 16188
$24.94

Cisco Catalyst WS-C2960X-48FPD-L 48-Port Gigabit Managed PoE+ Ethernet Switch
$69.99

Cisco C9200-48P-E Cisco POE Network Switch
$749.99

Cisco C3850-NM-2-10G
$75.00

Cisco QSFP-40G-SR-BD Module 10-2945-02 NEW CLAMSHELL
$45.50