-
Installed Windows and LILO was erased
Hi, I'm sort of new to this Linux thing, I had my Linux system installed previously and working fine. I also had windows, but it had too much viruses and I decided to format my computer(the C drive FAT32). Linux is using EXT3. So i formatted the drive C, and reinstalled Windows, which went ok, until I reboot, I found out that LILO was not displayed there, so Windows started automatically. I backed up some files in my root folder in LINUX, and now I can't access them. I tryed loading a temporary OS from the Knoppix CD to just copy the files I needed to the windows partition, but I can't access them since they are on my desktop as a root account, and some message displays something like "NOT ENOUGH PERMISSIONS TO READ THAT FOLDER". I really need those files, please if you know a way I can get them back, or a way to put LILO again it would be really nice. Thank you.
Similar Threads
-
By emmbec in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-21-2005, 09:52 AM
-
By foamrotreturns in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 02-11-2005, 05:22 PM
-
By Schopenhauer101 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-16-2005, 02:42 PM
-
By Drezliok in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 07-20-2004, 11:00 AM
-
By Calman in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-22-2003, 01:18 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Commodore Amiga A1200 Vintage Computer Power Supply Mouse Bundle - Tested
$999.99

Framethrower, Amiga HDMI output via a PiStorm A500 A2000
$40.00

Microbotics Starboard 2MB + SCSI Sidecar for Amiga 1000 Vintage Computer READ
$229.00

Commodore Amiga 1010 External 3.5” Floppy Drive A500 A1000 A2000 • Untested
$74.99

Amiga Picasso II RTG Graphics Card for Amiga 2000 3000 And 4000
$324.99

Commodore Amiga 1000, Keyboard, Tank Mouse, RAM Expansion, Tested, Working
$599.00

A500 512KB RAM Memory Card with (Built-In) Real Time Clock - New by Amiga-Kit
$40.00

BlueSCSI v2 Internal 50-pin 3.5" SCSI Drive ,Wi-Fi,For Macintosh, Amiga, PC
$52.99

Commodore VIC-20 Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller
$39.99

Commodore Amiga 500 PCB Motherboard Replacement Board for Retro Homebrew Build
$49.99