-
Minimal Knoppix Live CD
Hello!
I need to shrink an NTFS partition in order to install Xandros Desktop OS on my computer so that it co-exists with Win2k.
After I searched the Internet for partitioning solutions, I came to the conclusion that the best way to resize the NTFS partition is to use QtPartEd installed on a Knoppix Live CD.
But the Knoppix ISO image weighs about 700 MB, which is close to my network traffic limit.
Since the only application I really need is QtPartEd, I am searching for a minimal Knoppix distribution.
Is there such a "pure QtPartEd" distibution?
Thanks
dap
-
http://www.inside-security.de/insert_en.html
Not pure qtparted but 50MB download.It has qtparted and alot more.
http://www.sysresccd.org/
Not as newbie friendly but 110MB.
http://www.damnsmalllinux.org/
At 50MB,possible the best in the bunch.
Make sure you defrag windows before you shrink it.
Make sure the partition you are trying to shrink isn't mounted before
you open qtparted.
Have Fun
-
About the above post
The version of Insert that has qtparted comes on the ubcd available at
http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/
It's 174MB.I used it lastnight.I'm not sure if the standard version has qtparted
or not.It does have gparted and ntfsresize,though.Get the full version of ubcd.
qtparted is only availble on dsl after a hard drive install.Sorry,my mistake.
The SystemRescueCD was cli only last time I used it.To run qtparted,type
run-qtparted from the prompt.
-
Similar Threads
-
By wired in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-15-2006, 06:27 AM
-
By gabdab in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-22-2005, 02:05 PM
-
By ihtiandr in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-14-2005, 08:40 PM
-
By ZerBit in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 16
Last Post: 09-09-2003, 06:06 PM
-
By freeballer in forum Ideas
Replies: 5
Last Post: 07-11-2003, 03:58 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage 1988 APPLE MACINTOSH “3 Stooges” 512K Romsimm AP1127-02 VERY RARE
$399.00

Vintage 1988 Apple Macintosh Plus 1MB M0001A Computer Keyboard WORKING See Video
$225.00

Apple Vintage Rainbow Logo Laptop Briefcase Sage Green Canvas Tech Bag 90s Rare
$70.00

vintage Rainbow Apple Logo Mouse Pad-Sealed New
$59.00

Vintage Apple iBook G3 12.1” 500MHz 2001 Restored, SSD Upgraded Mac OS 9.2/OS X
$170.00

Vintage Apple USB Mouse M4848 Bondi Blue "Hockey Puck" Mac Mouse - Free S/H
$24.99

Lot of 3 VIntage Apple Computer Rainbow Logo Sticker Decal Macintosh 1980s NOS
$7.00

Vintage Apple Rainbow Metal Case Emblem Logo rectangle
$49.99

Apple Macintosh SE/30 Vintage All-In-One Desktop Computer Model M5119
$350.00

Apple Apple IIe Vintage Home Computer System Model Apple IIe
$225.00