-
Thanks for the reply!
I made another(ext3)partition and for some reason it detected it and all went well.Edited the config file to use grub and from the installer to install it to the mbr.All went well untill I rebooted and grub gives error 17.My FC1 install was lost too(the hda1 was damaged somehow) so now I have the debian type install on one partition and primary doing XP 
After re-installing FC1 I tried to chainload the partition with knoppix but just said it doesnt recognise the command.Tried making an entry for the partition in the device map but that prety much killed grub(just said grub on boot and did othing else).
So now I'm stuck with XP
is there anyway I can boot the partition from XP?Thanks you again for any help
Edit:
installed FC1 and trying to boot the partition.All works but says it now giiving "root=/dev/hda3" but it mounts the partition(which ext3) as read-only ext2.The first time I ran it it madea hardware config which I guess didnt go well from all the "read only" messages.Now there's a bunch of them and after it says "enetering runlevel 5" it just stops.No shell, no reboot, no messages, no nothing.
Again thank you for any help
Similar Threads
-
By giant_toaster in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 12-07-2005, 11:58 PM
-
By decalvas in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-27-2005, 02:26 AM
-
By boycott in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 07-27-2005, 01:19 PM
-
By gnukish in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-21-2005, 04:08 PM
-
By Masza in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-29-2003, 10:43 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99

GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5
$189.99

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99

ASUS PRIME Z890-P WIFI Z890 LGA 1851 ATX motherboard, Intel® Core™ Ultra Series
$235.99

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99

MSI B550M PRO-VDH Micro-ATX Motherboard - AMD AM4, Ryzen 5000/4000/3000 Ready, P
$71.49

Asus Prime B660M-A AC D4 Motherboard Intel LGA 1700 14th 13th 12th Gen DDR4
$79.99

ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio
$34.99

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99

Gigabyte GA-B85M-D3H Motherboard
$54.99