-
3.1 issues
problems I've noticed--
cant switch terms using <F1-12>
cant logout ( just dumps to black screen )
other issues may\may not be 3.1 related:
Im using a Compaq Presario S5100NX
It initially came installed with XP home
I used Partition Magic 8.0 to
create a linux fs
I installed 3.1
all is well...kinda
after 2 weeks NTFS dies:
at boot I see 'NTDETECT FAILED'
I try to recover using cd's which compaq sent me---
they wont even load -- halfway thru reading 1st cd
I get a bsod stating problems with video driver
ok to hell with MS!
then shit really hits the fan--
today ext2 fs corrupted -wont boot
had to use fsck manually with live cd
4 hours later after all seems well
and Im non-chalantly posting in a forum
as I do now , the whole system freezes-
hdd light stays on., nothing works
except sysrq
whats wrong?!?
thanks for help
-
Senior Member
registered user
Well Knoppix 3.1 is ancient my friend. Why not get an up to date version? Also why do you use PM to make Linux filesystems? Use Linux to make Linux file systems and forget ext2. Use a journaled fs like ext3 or better yet reiser.
Lastly if you want to install a live cd to hdd then Knoppix really isn't the best choice. (see the multitude of upgrade problems in this forum). Try Kanotix and be happy.
Similar Threads
-
By asearle in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-19-2005, 01:03 PM
-
By cold in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-02-2004, 07:29 PM
-
By Cuddles in forum General Support
Replies: 12
Last Post: 04-25-2004, 03:40 PM
-
By Kethinov in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-08-2004, 05:13 AM
-
By rushworld in forum General Support
Replies: 8
Last Post: 10-14-2003, 03:23 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$12.00

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85

Knoppix NSM 1.2
$8.00

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM
$7.00

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$34.01