-
Propblem: Poor Mans Install and persitent home on same parti
Hi all,
I am using Knoppix 3.4 for a few weeks now. It works fine.
Now I tried a HD install (Poor Man Install) using the cheatcode tohd=/dev/hda5. hda5 is FAT32 formatted.
Rebooting from CD using fromhd=/dev/hda5 works fine. And I can also save my configurations on hda5 with the KNOPPIX tool.
But now I am trying to create a persistent home with the KNOPPIX tool and I end up with a error message "hda5 already mounted as /cdrom".
Now my question:
How can I store all my KNOPPIX stuff on *one* partition? This means the /KNOPPIX folder, the configuration files and the persistent home, so that I can boot from the CD using:
knoppix fromhd=/dev/hda5 home=/dev/hda5 myconfig=/dev/hda5
Regards
Ingo
Similar Threads
-
By Dr PC Tunes in forum Tips and Tricks
Replies: 17
Last Post: 12-26-2005, 08:29 AM
-
By metavoid in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-07-2005, 08:40 AM
-
By zian in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-19-2005, 07:11 AM
-
By jaykay in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 12-02-2004, 04:02 PM
-
By guyana in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-15-2004, 02:10 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

Lot of 2 Samsung 16GB 1Rx8 PC4-3200AA DDR4 SODIMM M471A2G43AB2-CWE 32GB
$138.99

Lot Of 8 Micron 8GB 2Rx8 PC4-2666V-RE2-11 ECC REG Server Ram MTA18ASF1G72PDZ-2G6
$210.00

LOT OF 2 Micron 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-2666V-EE1-11 P/N: MTA18ASF2G72AZ-2G6D1ZG
$199.95

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

LOT OF 14 Mixed Brand 32GB , 16GB, 8GB SODIMM Memory
$775.00

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75

SK Hynix 32GB Server Memory 2Rx4 PC4-2400T-R81-11 HMA84GR7MFR4N-UH Server RAM
$169.99

Micron MTA18ASF2G72XF1Z-2G9WP1ABVGD 16GB 1Rx4 NN4-2933Y DDR4 ECC NVDIMM
$74.50

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98