-
Propblem: Poor Mans Install and persitent home on same parti
Hi all,
I am using Knoppix 3.4 for a few weeks now. It works fine.
Now I tried a HD install (Poor Man Install) using the cheatcode tohd=/dev/hda5. hda5 is FAT32 formatted.
Rebooting from CD using fromhd=/dev/hda5 works fine. And I can also save my configurations on hda5 with the KNOPPIX tool.
But now I am trying to create a persistent home with the KNOPPIX tool and I end up with a error message "hda5 already mounted as /cdrom".
Now my question:
How can I store all my KNOPPIX stuff on *one* partition? This means the /KNOPPIX folder, the configuration files and the persistent home, so that I can boot from the CD using:
knoppix fromhd=/dev/hda5 home=/dev/hda5 myconfig=/dev/hda5
Regards
Ingo
Similar Threads
-
By Dr PC Tunes in forum Tips and Tricks
Replies: 17
Last Post: 12-26-2005, 08:29 AM
-
By metavoid in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-07-2005, 08:40 AM
-
By zian in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-19-2005, 07:11 AM
-
By jaykay in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 12-02-2004, 04:02 PM
-
By guyana in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-15-2004, 02:10 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

NWT Vintage TUMI Safecase Deluxe Adjustable Computer Brief Bag 2632 w/ Sleeve
$449.50

Vintage Computer - PC Innovation Intel 486DX2 - Dos Ver 6.2 Windows 3.1
$250.00

Vintage Teac FD-505 5.25" 3.5" Combo Drive 19307571-00
$199.99

Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New
$75.00

NCR System 3000 UNIX SVR4 MP-RAS Administrator Guide Manual D1-2266-E Vintage
$200.00

Lot of 4 Vintage Intel i486 DX2 CPU Processors for Gold Scrap Recovery
$99.99

Vintage Computer Sun Ultra 1 UltraSpark Driven - Mystery condition as-is Parts
$49.78

Bering OptiPac 3315 OPT 401 205 HP / IBM Vintage Storage PC Computer 1983 3.5”
$100.00

🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2113A 21MX 1000 E-SERIES MINICOMPUTER CHASSIS BACKPLANE
$249.00

Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used
$55.99