Do you see any error message? Perhaps your webhost does not use the same libc verion as the knoppix release you use?
Hi,
It seems to me that all the C files that I compile with Knoppix don't run in my webhost Linux environment. If I compile them in win32 with GCC, they run great - otherwise, with Knoppix, they give an instant error. What should I do?
Regards,
Kepler
Do you see any error message? Perhaps your webhost does not use the same libc verion as the knoppix release you use?
Good afternoon. No, I don't get any error. Meanwhile I've sent an email to my webprovider regarding the version of libc. It's version glibc-2.3.2-27.9.7 running in Red Hat Linux 9.0 (soon will be Red Hat Linux Enterprise 3.0).
What version does Knoppix use? Is it earlier or newer?
Regards,
Kepler

OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC
$175.00
Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026
$12.99
OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$115.00
1U Rackmount PC Intel Core i5-2520M 8GB RAM 500GB HDD Ubuntu Linux Server
$109.99
Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Enterprise 40 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License FPP
$299.00
All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive
$15.95
Linux 5.2 The Complete Redhat Operating System Deluxe Secure Server 3 CD Book
$37.49
ZimaBoard 2 1664 Home Server 16GB
$350.00
Sun Enterprise e450 400mhz cpu(x4), 4gb ram, 9gb HD w/spud most complete on ebay
$500.00
SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA
$284.99