-
Senior Member
registered user
I tried the following with DSL 0.8.4 2004-11-10. The remastering scripts are successful on Knoppix because they were written to use the program known as dialog which is obviously included on Knoppix. If you run the scripts in DSL, the scripts use dialog, which is really a symbolic link to /usr/bin/whiptail and this whiptail program does not seem to be a full implementation of dialog. Thus the script appears to work and then fails.
I tried to get dialog to work by downloading a official Debian .deb file for dialog. I extracted out the data.tar.gz file and ran dialog. It complained that it could not find a shared library. I gather this means that the Debian package is not a static binary. To solve this problem I would have to compile a static binary of dialog while in Knoppix, save it to my hard drive and then boot into DSL and see if it works. I won't be doing all that since I feel DSL is too customized to be remastered with Fabian's scripts without major hacks & modifications. In particular some of the scripts refer to apt-get which is not on DSL.
I hope this helps.
James
Similar Threads
-
By UnderScore in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 102
Last Post: 10-19-2007, 02:04 PM
-
By Steve F in forum Ideas
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-21-2004, 03:28 AM
-
By escherian in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-10-2004, 04:24 AM
-
By pilovis in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-28-2003, 09:17 PM
-
By lindleyrl in forum Ideas
Replies: 5
Last Post: 03-14-2003, 03:13 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Acer Aspire 14" AI Copilot+PC Laptop Core Ultra 5 226V Gen 4 ARC 16GB 1TB Refurb
$461.10

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$427.48

Apple MacBook Pro 16.2" M3 Pro 12-Core 18GB 1TB SSD A2991
$1400.00

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1774.24

HP ZBook Fury G8 15.6'' Intel Xeon W-11955M 2.6GHz 64GB RAM 1TB SSD RTX A2000
$599.99

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99

Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot
$129.99

2026 NEW SGIN 15.6" Laptop Win11 Intel i3 16GB RAM 1TB SSD Wi-Fi 6 RJ45 USB-C
$302.99

External SSD 1TB 2TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.1 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$15.99