Each posting on kde-look has a 'how to install' beside it. It's pretty brief by try to work though it.
If you run into problems, post again with the specific problem.
I'm getting pretty tired of the standard themes that come with the preloaded version of KDE 3.2.3 on Knoppix. I went to www.kde-look.org and found some great themes that would look great on my desktop, but I download the files and nothing happens!! I am an extreme newbie and think that I have to compile these files, but I dont know even how to do that!! Could someone help me step-by-step or refer me to a help source?
Each posting on kde-look has a 'how to install' beside it. It's pretty brief by try to work though it.
If you run into problems, post again with the specific problem.
Here's the deal ( and please pardon my ignorance), I know now that KDE 3.2 does NOT come with a theme manager. I know the only way to change my desktop is to go to the Window Decorations section of KDE- LOOK.org and choose the Window Decorations for any KDE that is or above Kde 3.2. I download the .rpm file and convert it to .deb using the "alien" program. i've done all this. I have found a really slick window decoration that I want to use, but I also know that i have to use a program called K Package. When I load the .deb file into KPackage and try to install it, KPackage gives me an error saying: <ix/Downloaded Stuff/crystal_0.7.7-2_i386.deb' ;echo RESULT=$?
dpkg: unable to access dpkg status area: Read-only file system
RESULT=2
- I have no clue what this error means or how to fix it. I know that my HD is readable and writable, so I am a bit stuck at this point. Anyone who could help would be GREATLY appreciated.
Have you installed Knoppix to your HD? If you are running from CD you will be unable to install anything because the operating system is on the read only CD.Originally Posted by mimes
Exception: If you have done a 'persistent home' on your hard drive, you can install any packages which are available from 'klik'.
Unfortunately, KDE Themes are not klik-able.
probono
Check this thread: http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...888&highlight=
I got themes to install by following this. Hope this helps.
I now see that my option is an HD install, but when I run the installer, I get as far as the partitioning phase, then it says something like the drive is read only, cannot figure size of drive. MY DRIVE IS READABLE AND WRITABLE!!!!!!!! WHY????!!!!!!![]()

OEM Genuine 42Wh WDX0R For DELL Inspiron WDXOR Battery 15 5567 5568 13 5368 7368
$22.99
OEM 68Wh 3HWPP Battery For Dell Latitude 5401 5501 5410 5510 E5411 E5511
$28.99
Lot of 10OEM Dell Latitude 5420 5520 63WH Battery RJ40G M033W - Excellent
$175.00
New Genuine OEM Dell Latitude 5420 5520 3560 4 Cell Laptop Battery RJ40G M033W
$49.95
OEM Genuine 86WH 69KF2 Battery For Dell XPS 15 9500 Precision 5550 M59JH M15 M17
$45.49
OEM 68Wh 3HWPP Battery For Dell Latitude 5401 5411 15 5501 5511 Precision 3541
$35.78
OEM 74WH 357F9 Battery For Dell Inspiron 15 7559 i7559 7557 i7557 5577 7567 5576
$26.99
OEM Genuine 86Wh 69KF2 Battery For Dell XPS 15 9500 Precision 5550 M59JH M15 M17
$35.99
OEM Genuine 62WH 6MT4T Battery For Dell Latitude E5470 E5570 6MT4T 07V69Y 7V69Y
$36.66
New Dell OEM Inspiron 15 3511 15.6" Battery 11.25V 41Wh 3467mAh G91J0 MGCM5
$44.95