-
Partitioning a HD
Hi, I have never partitioned a harddrive before, and when it was time to use QT Partitioning thingy, I already had 4 partitions on the harddrive. The main one that contains my old windows 98 system, had like 9GB on it. I reformatted it to a Q3 linux filesystem. I used the other 2GB one for my linux swap, and I also have another partition that has a very few GB on it and one that is empty. They are lined up as follows:
-The non used "free", few GB's one
-The main Linux one
-The Swap
-The empty, useless, "free" partition
I saved the changes, and tried to continue the installation for Knoppix, but it once again said i needed to partition the HD. Then i used the IGNORE_CHECK=1 thing to skip the hd thing. I tried to start the installation, but it ended up giving me a printer error thing in a big standalone window. I said next, then it closed the installation. Please help!! I am an extreme newbie.
Similar Threads
-
By goober in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-01-2004, 03:49 AM
-
By Kowood in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 13
Last Post: 09-19-2004, 08:08 PM
-
By bob58 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-28-2004, 02:09 AM
-
By donald_willy in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-07-2004, 05:09 AM
-
By senorian in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 05-20-2003, 03:19 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57

Knoppix NSM 1.2
$8.00

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM
$7.00

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.98