Woah, tried the "knoppix nodma" option at boot, it worked. Now if I install to HD, how can I make that change permanent?
I'm using a Dell Latitude D300 which works fine with Knoppix 3.3, under 3.6 when the boot screen comes up it says the following:
*****
Welcome to the KNOPPIX live Linux-on-CD!
Scanning for USB/Firewire devices... Done.
Enabling DMA accelseration for: hda [IBM-DADA-26480]
Enabling DMA accelseration for: hdc [TOSHIBA CD-ROM XM-1802B]
Looking for CD-ROM in: /dev/scd0 <flashing cursor>
*****
And that's where it hangs. I'm thinking about trying it without DMA acceleration, is there a command I can use at boot to disable DMA acceleration on hdc? Or could there be another problem? I'd like to install-to-HD, if this is the problem, how do I make the change permanent?
Woah, tried the "knoppix nodma" option at boot, it worked. Now if I install to HD, how can I make that change permanent?
depends on what type of install you choose.
in some variants the used cheatcodes just "tag along"
otherwise they could be added to grub or lilos configfiles.
Looks like that was the case, 3.6 installed itself with the "knoppix nodma" option by default... now to fix the sound. Thanks!Originally Posted by OErjan
![]()

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99
GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5
$189.99
Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99
ASUS PRIME Z890-P WIFI Z890 LGA 1851 ATX motherboard, Intel® Core™ Ultra Series
$235.99
ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio
$34.99
GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99
MSI B550M PRO-VDH Micro-ATX Motherboard - AMD AM4, Ryzen 5000/4000/3000 Ready, P
$71.49
MSI - B550M PRO-VDH WIFI (Socket AM4) AMD B550 MATX DDR4 Wi-Fi 6 Motherboard ...
$89.99
ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99
ASRock IMB-X1314 LGA 1700 Intel W680 DDR4 Quad display Micro-ATX Motherboard
$351.99