-
Senior Member
registered user
I kind of felt the same way, its cute, its even fun, maybe a novelty kind of thing... You use it once, or twice, and then go back to what you "usually" use... Maybe "bring it out" to show off to someone, or something...
My problem is, if I am running XMMS, or Kaffeine, or for that matter, Xine, if it cant get to the "source" read; like an audio-CD, or DVD, my system just locks - probably gets lost in a "cd read loop" - and nothing, I repeat, nothing, is able to be done; no keyboard control, only the reset on the case... This has happened at least three occasions, the system just gets lost, gkrellm still gets updated, but no response. So, even if I have a screen open to fire off a kill, or xkill, I cant get to it... This would be the same if I had "this", even running in the "background" all the time, I couldnt get to it, to do anything. This kind of "situation" happened in Windows also, when you get down to the level of "hardware" requests, the system doesnt know what a "waiting period" is about, and just goes on waiting, for the request to be fullfilled, and from what I have found out, that waiting period is almost forever. I think the "hardware request" finally gives up, but never notifies the "system" of this, so the system just locks up waiting for this response, which it will never get, because the request is no longer active in the hardware. -=- my best guess on this [ ? ]
Similar Threads
-
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-26-2005, 10:37 PM
-
By adamherb in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 10
Last Post: 01-13-2005, 10:54 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95

Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019
$49.99

Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB
$27.07

Cisco CP-8841 IP Phone Charcoal Handset And Stand Included
$27.99

Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply
$25.00

Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28

Yealink T53W Black IP Phone Verizon VoIP LOT OF 4 Business Desk Phone
$150.00

Cisco / Linksys SPA2102 VoIP 2FXS Phone Adapter with Router (unlocked)
$18.99

SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP
$400.00

Cisco CP-8841 IP Phone - Charcoal
$98.95