-
Senior Member
registered user
OErjan
I think this subject will be started in the Network Forum, considering, that if I can locate the nic's for both computers, I'm going to need help getting the "software" running on both... But, to close it out here...
I would need two Network Interface Cards, using 10baseT, modular plugs, and one "cross-over" cable to connect between them... With the hardware tieing the systems together, get the software up on both to make a intranet, designate one as the "internet" server, and make the other, the "client". I can also setup a peer to peer ( P2P ) network for shared resources, like printer, and hard drive resources, as well...
I was a "old school" network technician, coaxial & back-bone cable, and when the company went to 10baseT, I was "phased out"... I havent really worked with the modular, and was going off of what "I have heard" knowledge, and it appears, seriously, out-dated, thanks for teaching this "old dog'ett" a new trick
Similar Threads
-
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-26-2005, 10:37 PM
-
By adamherb in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 10
Last Post: 01-13-2005, 10:54 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1599.99

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00

IBM 7915 AC1 M4 E27R704 Server Intel 2650V2 32GB RAM NO HDD w/ 2x 750w PSU
$225.00

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$179.99

IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU
$999.99

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$110.30

IBM System x3550 M3 1U Server 2x Xeon E5645, 192GB RAM, 2x 300GB HDD (7944-AC1)
$150.00

IBM 02CL197 FLASH SYSTEM 840-900 LITHIUM ION SERVER BATTERY MODULE 990854
$225.00

Lot of 4 IBM 52Y4089 POWER7 CPU Processor Modules Server CPUs
$49.99

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99