-
Question about tohd
I have two cd drives, and one of them has difficulty reading discs sometimes because it needs to be cleaned. I can't do the tohd command because of this. I was wondering if it's possible to boot off the knoppix cd in my main drive, and have the tohd command read from a second disc in the other drive? Thanks for your replies!
-
Administrator
Site Admin-
I don't know the answer to your question, but you might consider disabling the first CD in your BIOS (which should then let you boot the second as your only CD) or even swap out the bad drive completely (complete removal of the first drive will likely require rejumpering the second, but disabling the first in the BIOS should not).
-
That'd be the most obvious and simple solution, but I'm not currently able to get a replacement drive, and when I switched drives to try booting and such with the other drive, I wouldn't boot into knoppix at all. I'll try to see if I can get it working, though, thanks for the help!
-
Administrator
Site Admin-

Originally Posted by
Mercury 4063
...and when I switched drives to try booting and such with the other drive, I wouldn't boot into knoppix at all.....
That's very strange. Maybe that second drive isn't in as good of shape as you think it is. You did remember that swapping drives is a matter of changing the master/slave jumper, not a matter of moving drives on the cable, didn't you (assuming the drives are not both jumppered for CS, which I've never seen CD drives to be)?
-
The second drive is in much better shape than the first, but it's very possible that there could be a problem with it as well. The jumpers and cables were set up proper when I had switched, it just wouldn't boot the cd at all.
Similar Threads
-
By knopnet in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-13-2005, 11:23 PM
-
By tmj0nes99 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-30-2005, 07:16 PM
-
By crix in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 08-25-2004, 04:56 PM
-
By siddharth in forum General Support
Replies: 10
Last Post: 08-05-2004, 09:01 AM
-
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-03-2004, 05:50 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$174.99

AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1)
$189.00

Intel Core i7-11700T 1.4GHz Processor 8-Core Socket LGA1200 SRKNT
$129.95

SGIN 17.3" Laptop Intel Quad-Core Up to 2.4 GHZ 8GB RAM 256GB SSD HD
$229.99

HP ProDesk 400 G5 Desktop Mini Intel Core i5-9500T Gen 8GB DDR4 As-Is For Parts
$49.99

AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 Zen 5 Desktop Processor NEW
$399.00

Apple Macbook Pro 13" M1 8-Core 16GB 512GB - Good
$464.99

Dell OptiPlex 3070 SFF Desktop Intel Core i3 9th gen 8gb RAM 128gb NVMe win11pro
$79.99

Dell OptiPlex 5070 SFF i7-9700 (8-Core) 3.0GHz 16GB 256 SSD Windows 11
$250.00

DELL OPTIPLEX 3280 21.5" AIO Core i5 10500T 8GB 256GB NVMe Windows 11 -NO STAND
$199.99