-
win2k question
Hi, I'm a new Knoppix3.6 user. I dont have access to the admin password of my work win2k laptop [...but still want to install a dial boot linux system
]. I read a procedure that sounds fine but requires w32grub installed on C:\. I don't have rights to install anything on C (except in a Documents.. folder). Do I have a chance to successfully install Knoppix/Debian on my system? Any suggestions?
-
Junior Member
registered user
It's relatively easy to change the admin password (at least for a local administrator account) so you could do what ever you wanted to the machine. But dude, if you were one of my users and did that to your work machine... I'd do whatever I could to have you fired.
-
Junior Member
registered user
Visit http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/
This is a Linux based password cracker. You can reset the admin password to blank (recommended) and then set it to something you will remember once you're logged in.
Doing this can make you lose access to NFS secure files, but since you can't get into the admin account that's unlikely in your case. May mass things up for your admins at work tho.
As Hug It said, you may want to tread carefully.
Why not just boot to a Knoppix CD and not get yerself into trouble anywho?
JP
-
Thanks for the info. I'm not going to mess with it! I have another installation at home, running just fine.
Similar Threads
-
By Edge Hypermatter in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-19-2005, 05:02 AM
-
By marhleet in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-02-2005, 07:53 AM
-
By desire in forum The Lounge
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-31-2004, 03:23 AM
-
By rchinoy in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 03-15-2004, 03:19 AM
-
By linuser in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-28-2003, 01:54 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

16GB of Samsung (8GB x 2) DDR5 M378A2K43CB1 UDIMM PC5-4800B 288-Pin Unbuffered
$185.99

Sk Hynix 8GB PC4-3200AA PC4-3200 260-Pin SO-DIMM Laptop RAM
$37.99

Micron 32GB MTA36ASF4G72PZ-3G2E7 RAM 2Rx4 PC4-3200AA ECC REG Memory
$249.99

OLOy 8GB DDR4-3200 PC4-25600 288-Pin DIMM Unbuffered RAM Module
$50.00

Corsair Vengeance CMSX16GX4M2A2666C18 8GB DDR4-2666 2pcs
$45.00

Kingston 32GB DDR4-3200MHz DIMM RAM KTH-PL432D8P/16G (2X16GB STICKS) sku 0055
$179.00

Corsair CMK32GX4M2B3000C15 Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000mhz Memory Kit - 32GB (2x16GB)
$164.95

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00

LOT OF 23 Ram Sticks-Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 4GB (4GBx23=92GB Total)
$129.99

Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G)
$89.99