-
yeah, I'm doing the remastering in gentoo
when the cd boots I'm happy with it just going to a terminal so I can start fluxbox with startx.
xnest was just so I could have my 'host' useable whilst configuring the knoppix source in a window. It was very cool when it worked - fluxbox in fluxbox.
getting a gui working environment also fails when trying to access with the actual terminals tty2 and so forth - to get it to pop up on the screen accessible via alt+f8. I will install to hard disc if I really have to but I far prefer this method. I also prefer working within the gui as with aptitude/apt-get I feel I may be removing some essential things while if I am actually in fluxbox (in fluxbox!) at the time of editing I feel more confident that things are going well.
Similar Threads
-
By bongski55 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 07-18-2003, 12:20 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57

Knoppix NSM 1.2
$8.00

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM
$7.00

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.98