-
Junior Member
registered user
Hey
Yes, I've succeeded in remastering Knoppix with FLuxbox as my only Window manager. I've also removed gnome, kde, wm, larswm and everything else. As a result the cd has gotten much smaller so after that I've added many packages of my personal choosing. And even after that the size of the cd is still only at 608 MB. My cd is pretty much perfect right now, i have my own customized flux menu. As soon as I get home, I'll paste in the list of packages that were added and removed.
I also removed kdm and used xdm instead, cuz it is much cleaner that way. I edited the boot.img so that the sysconfig bootup screen does not list other windows manager and that it will also automatically select flux w/o a user having to enter in the cheat code to bootup in flux.
Glad to see somebody else on this board who's interested in this.
If you need more help remastering and customizing, post in here.
Similar Threads
-
By bongski55 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 07-18-2003, 12:20 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

Dell PowerEdge R240 Intel Xeon E-2224 3.50GHz 8GB DDR4 ECC NO HDD 250W
$285.97

Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700
$289.99

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99

Dell PowerEdge R730 8 Bay Server 64Gb 1x80Gb SSD 3x900Gb SAS 2x12c v4CPU Proxmox
$620.00

Dell PowerEdge R640 10SFF 2x Gold 6140 2.3GHz 36-Cores 64gb H730p 2x Trays
$599.99

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99

Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD
$119.99