-
wondering what I missed
you are the man!
I did a bit of tinkering before but without much success
actually, ideally, I'm doing away with any login and leaving it to a startx - terminals are much more hardcore looking.
it's good to see you had success as in a prior attempt I think I must've removed some knoppix-specific config file or just edited one with an editor that automatically wrapped as I got a few annoying errors.
I look forward to your posting of packages to remove!
with all the clobber gone I'm going to try and duplicate my system as of now (it's gentoo which makes this debian business alien) but that'll mean
phoenix as the browser - light and with tabbed browsing/mouse gesture and mplayer plugin support.
fluxbox - obviously!
gkrellm
gaim
gotta have xmms to play all the mp3s I'll squeeze on there
was also wondering how you actually configured it
last time I used Xnest but I can't startx with fluxbox as my windowmanager
i.e. export WINDOWMANAGER=/usr/bin/wherefluxboxis && startx
just a whole load of xserver errors fly my way. It worked last time as well, I've obviously missed something.
Xnest -ac :1 &
chroot /knoppixsrc
zile /etc/resolv.conf
mount -t proc /proc proc
apt-get install synaptic
apt-get install nano
export DISPLAY=localhost:1
export WINDOWMANGER=/usr/bin/fluxbox
startx
what did I miss?!!
Similar Threads
-
By bongski55 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 07-18-2003, 12:20 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY
$10.00

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666 PC4-21300 288-Pin DIMM RAM M393A4K40CB1CRC0Q
$185.00

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99

Samsung 64GB PC4-2666V-R 2S2Rx4 DDR4 ECC REG RDIMM - M393A8K40B22-CWD6Y
$270.00

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68

DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix
$66.00

Lot 500 SK hynix 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-23400 DDR4-2933Y ECC Registered Server Memory RAM
$47988.00

Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8GB 16GB 32GB 1866MHz PC3-14900 Desktop RAM Memory DIMM
$85.00

Lot of 5 - Mixed Brands 40GB (5x8GB) DDR4-2666 PC4-21300 SO-DIMM 260-Pin Non-ECC
$150.00