-
Where is the knx-hdinstal script in Knoppix 3.7?
Hi everyone,
I have been happily running Knoppix 3.3 (i.e. Debian) from my HD for a while now, but the other day I got a copy of Knoppix 3.7 and I thought I could install the new version.
The only thing is... where is the knx-hdinstall script that was used for the HD installation? I can't find it anywhere in Knoppix 3.7!
Is there an alternative way to perform a HD installation?
Thanks
-
Found the answer...
Sorry for the stupid question... I've just found the answer on the net.
I should use knoppix-installer instead of knx-hdinstall.
http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.php/HdInstallHowTo
-
Junior Member
registered user
At first, knoppix-installer didn't work for me. I discovered that I had to run:
$ sudo /usr/sbin/knoppix-installer
All the documentation omits one important fact, the command prompt either has to have the proper working directory or the command itself must include it.
knoppix-installer is located in /usr/sbin/
Similar Threads
-
By DougE in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-10-2004, 04:34 AM
-
By ibrewale in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-30-2004, 10:32 PM
-
By CrashedAgain in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-25-2004, 10:20 PM
-
By tealeaf in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-08-2003, 09:19 PM
-
By erictck in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 5
Last Post: 05-09-2003, 02:03 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell Poweredge R620 10x 2.5" bay with 256GB (16x16gb) DDR3, 2x E5-2690v2, H710
$349.99

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700
$289.99

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell Poweredge C4130 2x LGA2011-3 1U 4x GPU Rackmount Server CTO (NO CPU/NO RAM)
$299.95

Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server
$349.99