Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Where is the knx-hdinstal script in Knoppix 3.7?

  1. #1

    Where is the knx-hdinstal script in Knoppix 3.7?

    Hi everyone,

    I have been happily running Knoppix 3.3 (i.e. Debian) from my HD for a while now, but the other day I got a copy of Knoppix 3.7 and I thought I could install the new version.

    The only thing is... where is the knx-hdinstall script that was used for the HD installation? I can't find it anywhere in Knoppix 3.7!

    Is there an alternative way to perform a HD installation?

    Thanks

  2. #2

    Found the answer...

    Sorry for the stupid question... I've just found the answer on the net.

    I should use knoppix-installer instead of knx-hdinstall.

    http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.php/HdInstallHowTo

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    23
    At first, knoppix-installer didn't work for me. I discovered that I had to run:

    $ sudo /usr/sbin/knoppix-installer

    All the documentation omits one important fact, the command prompt either has to have the proper working directory or the command itself must include it.

    knoppix-installer is located in /usr/sbin/

Similar Threads

  1. Silly ? -- How do I run a script under Knoppix?
    By DougE in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-10-2004, 04:34 AM
  2. Knoppix 3.4 Installation Script Problem
    By ibrewale in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-30-2004, 10:32 PM
  3. Knoppix.clean script
    By CrashedAgain in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-25-2004, 10:20 PM
  4. adding a little script to knoppix CD
    By tealeaf in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-08-2003, 09:19 PM
  5. how to edit the startup script in knoppix?
    By erictck in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-09-2003, 02:03 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch picture

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch

$19.99



NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch picture

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch

$49.99



Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99



NETGEAR GS116PP 16-Port Gigabit Ethernet Switch UNTESTED  picture

NETGEAR GS116PP 16-Port Gigabit Ethernet Switch UNTESTED

$40.99



10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W picture

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W

$39.99



TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597 picture

TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597

$36.98



5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S... picture

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...

$9.64



Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts picture

Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts

$69.00



Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch picture

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch

$46.99



TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed picture

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed

$199.99