-
BELKIN FsD6050 !!
i have a FsD6050 i have tried getting this to work for over a year i swear . i posted about it on here but with no luck i am posting about it again
does any know know how to make the FsD6050 work on knoppix 3.6
-
Senior Member
registered user
I'm pretty sure you have the model number wrong which would definitly mess up searching for info.
You posted:
FsD6050
but it sounds like it is really
F5D6050 as seen here http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatSecti...tion_Id=201523
I used google and came up with the following sites:
This one shows that the belkin F5D6050 is a atmel cipset device http://at76c503a.berlios.de/devices.html
This is from the same site and shows how to use it in Knoppix/Debian http://at76c503a.berlios.de/distro_debian.html
More info on the atmel chipset devices http://www.hpl.hp.com/personal/Jean_...11b.html#Atmel
Here is the google search I used: http://www.google.com/search?q=linux+F5D6050
I hope this helps.
James
-
ok thanks do you know how to install it ?
-
Belkin F5D6050 works great with 3.7
I have searched high and low for Linux distro that supports this WLAN card by default. I'm a Linux noob and while I could eventually figure out how to recompile with the drivers in other distros I've tried (Mepis, Debian) I just felt it wasn't worth the trouble. My patience has paid off. I download an image of 3.7 last night, plopped the CD in my ThinkPad A31 running Win2k Pro and it saw the card right away no problem. Took a few tries running the config script, the problem still seems to be with encryption, it simply would not work right. But as soon as I turned it off it connected right away.
Now I don't like running my AP unencryped, so I'd still like to fix this. I'm sure there's a post or two about it on here somewhere. If anyone can point me to it I'd appreciate it.
Why the other distros can get this right I don't know.
Knoppix - you rule!
Similar Threads
-
By TheBlueFrog in forum Networking
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-30-2006, 04:59 AM
-
By giant_toaster in forum Networking
Replies: 5
Last Post: 11-22-2005, 02:28 PM
-
By iD:0t in forum Networking
Replies: 45
Last Post: 02-14-2005, 07:54 PM
-
By bob58 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-04-2004, 04:34 AM
-
By TharrBeNoSpoon in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-29-2004, 01:18 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch
$439.00

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New
$101.99

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords
$205.00

CISCO Services Router C891F-K9, Grade B, SKU 16188
$24.94

Cisco C3850-NM-2-10G Catalyst 3850 2 x 10GE Network Module
$30.00

Cisco Catalyst WS-C2960X-48FPD-L 48-Port Gigabit Managed PoE+ Ethernet Switch
$69.99

Cisco C3850-NM-2-10G
$75.00

CISCO INDUSTRIAL SWITCH IE-3100-8T2C-E New
$1049.00