-
Junior Member
registered user
I have an Orinoco Classic Gold (B) card in a Dell Latitude cpxj650, as does a friend of mine. He has the same symptoms that Gnarvaja has, while mine boots up fine. From what I can see the problem lies in "Cardmgr", somewhere , because my last entry in the Cardmgr section is Cardmgr[131] +./sbin/pump -i eth0 >/dev/null, while he gets "+ operation Failed" then "Start cmd exited with status busy."
We both have wireless routers with different Essid names; he has WEP active, I do not. We both run Knoppix 3.7
I took my laptop ovet to his house , booted up and could not get on the network.
Running Iwconfig showed my Essid was blank .
I ran (as SU) "Iwconfig eth0 key xxxxxxxxxx" using his WEP key
I then ran "Iwconfig eth0 essid nnnnnnnnn with his router name
I finished with Pump -i eth0 and got a green light on my card, then signed onto google with Firefox
The point is, the WEP did not cause my cardmgr script to lock up.
My friend ran ( As SU)
pump -k
cardmgr
then ran the iwconfig routine I ran, and HIS card came up and running.
Whatever this glitch is, a lot of folks suffer from it, usually folks who have installed knoppix to their hard drives .
If you find out how to patch the init process to overcome this glitch , please post the solution here !
Similar Threads
-
By mlidman in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-11-2005, 01:37 AM
-
By redeagle in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-03-2004, 11:15 PM
-
By Suzanne101 in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 01-06-2004, 10:46 AM
-
By Suzanne101 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-06-2004, 04:58 AM
-
By poussin in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-09-2003, 07:51 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00

HGST Ultrastar HUS726040AL5210 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s Enterprise HDD
$41.00

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600
$49.95

Seagate Exos ST2000NX0253 HDD 2TB SATA 7.2K 2.5" 512b/s
$55.00

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99

Toshiba 14TB MG07 MG07ACA14TEY 7.2K RPM SATA 6Gb/s 512e 3.5" Enterprise HDD
$339.00

Lot of 2 HP 4TB / 128MB SATA 7.2K RPM 3.5" Hard Drive MB4000GCWDC /ST4000NM0033
$125.00

Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5" SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive
$24.99

HUS726060ALA640 HGST Ultrastar 6TB SATA 6Gbps 7.2K 3.5" Hard Drive OF21860
$129.99