-
Administrator
Site Admin-
Guess what, it works!
You're likely way ahread of me, since you have a vested interest in making this work and I'm only a dumb shit noob who wanted to find out how I would get screwed, but I tried it and it worked. Here's the details:
I used a copy of DSL that was written to a CDRW (CDR would certainly work) as the first session and the CD was left open for additional sessions. I used DSL because it's small, less than 50 megs in size, so it leaves a lot of space for data. Sure enough, DSL has a CD writing application right in the menu. I fired it up and poked around (could have read the instructions, but what fun would there be in that?). I found quickly that you put the files you want in /tmp/burn, or you can change this to point to any directoiry that you are interested in. I decided to just use the default. No desktop icons for the hard drive partitions, so I had to fire up a shell and do a mount command. OK, I'm a Linux novice but that was no problem. I saw Midnight Commander on the disk and decided to learn about it, used it to copy the file to /tmp/burn (although the shell command should have been easy enough). I just used a 30 meg file that was handy, but it's clear that 400 megs would have worked as well.
Looking back at the burning software, I wondered which steps I needed to do next. I saw an option for a multi-session disc. Yup, that's what I was going to make, so I took that. I expected to make a few more choices, but it took off right away, looked over the first session, and wrote the new session to the CD.
Just to be sure, I shut down everything and booted the notebook back into windows. I inserted the CD and explored the disc. Sue enough, the file I wanted to "rescue" was written there along with the DSL files. It's a music video that is playing now from the CD as I write this.
DSL can be had here:
http://www.damnsmalllinux.org/
Similar Threads
-
By omega in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-30-2005, 07:46 PM
-
By MrGreen in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 9
Last Post: 09-01-2004, 07:52 AM
-
By ob_seven in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-20-2004, 09:04 AM
-
By Bluethunder in forum General Support
Replies: 10
Last Post: 02-18-2003, 08:18 PM
-
By sepht in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-11-2003, 07:46 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95

SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP
$400.00

Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019
$49.99

Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB
$27.07

Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply
$25.00

Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H
$19.99

Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28

LOT OF 10 NEW Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-Line PoE Speakerphone VoIP Desk Phone
$699.99

Lot Of 5 Poly Edge E550 82M91AA IP Desktop Phone PoE New In Box
$1500.00

Sangoma S705 VoIP Phone POE (AC adapter sold separately)
$198.82