-
Junior Member
registered user
Laptop seemingly randomly shuts it self off...
Total Linux n00b here with a Compaq Presario 2100 with a win xp/ knoppix 3.5 DVD dual boot set up. And while Windows works just fine, Linux will shut itself off from time to time, and while this is livable, it's extremely annoying. Not only because I lose whatever I was doing, but also because I have to go through that disk checker at startup evertime that happens. So, I was thinking maybe it's overheating? It doesn't seem much hotter than it gets in windows though, but that's what I was thinking would cause it to do that. I have ACPI disabled because I need it to be to get it to boot up (but I have absolutely no clue what ACPI does). Could you guys help me out?
Thanks
-Nate
Similar Threads
-
By rcs in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-12-2005, 12:01 AM
-
By black_out in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-09-2005, 04:33 PM
-
By Zalminen in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-20-2005, 11:21 AM
-
By bluegreenone in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-17-2003, 03:55 AM
-
By Rockstar in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-05-2003, 05:49 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00

Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD
$119.99

Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working
$149.99

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$95.20

Datto S3P6000 4x 3.5" 1U Blade Rack Server Intel Xeon D-1541 @2.10GHz 48GB DDR4
$128.96

Datto S4P10 1U Blade Rack Server Intel Xeon D-2143IT 2.20GHz 48GB DDR4 4-Bay PSU
$197.76

Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB
$149.99

Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays
$799.99

NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER
$1499.97

Cisco UCS 5108 Blade Server Chassis Enclosure N20-C6508 4x PSU 8x Fans 2x Fabric
$174.99