-
Please help me remaster knoppix, 2add games + video drivers
I wish to remaster knoppix 3.6 to have the game Return to Castle Wolfenstein Enemy Territory be able to run on any capable computer terminal. I would need to add the game to the cd and add the ability to detect and load the proper drivers for the pc's video card, Open GL is neccesary! 
Given the detection syntax, and loading drivers/editing xf86config syntax, I could probably write a small script to ease the loading and detection.
I'm pretty new to linux, but i know C, C++, Visual Basic, HTML, Java, etc... so i know my way around syntax once i get to understand it...
Thanks I hope i can get some help!
-
Junior Member
registered user
check it out.
If your looking for some FPS's try Stux! Download the game packages and install, then start shooting.
www.gpstudio.com/stux
I have tested Stux on four different machines with these different graphics cards. Nvidia ti4600, Intel i810, ATI Rage, and Radeon 9800 pro. The Nvidia card required a special driver package which is availible at the Stux website. Very easy to install! The Intel and i810 worked straight from a default boot, just type "stux xauto". The Radeon failed to load.
The Stux site has packages for Q3A demo, UT2003, Quake 1+2, and Doom legacy.
-
That does look interesting, and i'll check it out, but i still would like some help remastering knoppix (or STUX) to include more drivers and the game Enemy Territory (which is open source, yet commercially developed... awesome game!)
-
Junior Member
registered user
You probably have already done this
The latest Morphix gamer has ET built into it. The problem I had with it was I could only get 3D acceleration with Nvidia card. All the others failed to load DRI.
Similar Threads
-
By regnu_me1010 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-16-2006, 10:17 AM
-
By nvgringo in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-20-2006, 05:06 AM
-
By pureone in forum Games
Replies: 7
Last Post: 03-31-2005, 02:52 PM
-
Replies: 15
Last Post: 12-31-2004, 08:52 PM
-
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-29-2003, 11:07 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95

Vintage Key Tronic LT DESIGNER Mechanical/Rubber Dome Keyboard DIN-5 AT/XT
$50.00

Vintage HP Compaq nc6400 Laptop – Windows XP Pro – Works – Charger Included
$67.00

Vintage Intel EtherExpress PRO LAN Adapter With Flash BRAND NEW
$29.99

Vintage Shuttle K48 Small Form Factor Pc FOR PARTS OR REPAIR
$100.00

Vintage IBM Model M Keyboard
$80.00

Lot Vintage 1991 Apple Microsoft Classic Software Disk Manual User Guide 7.0.1 +
$74.95

RARE NEW RETAIL BOX VINTAGE AST BTC 5140M WINDOWS PS2 KEYBOARD FCC E5XK8M104M10U
$31.95

V2 Premier 9120 Vintage PC Pentium 4 2.4GHz w / 256MB RAM CD-RW Floppy NO HDD
$299.99

Vintage Dell Latitude CPi A366XT Win 98SE w/USB Support 256MB 60GB HD FDD Serial
$109.99