-
Knoppix Up-date!
Hello Knoppix players!!
I am new in Knoppix and i want to know how can I up-date my Knoppix version! I have Knoppix 3.4 ... also I`d like to know how to up-date the kernel!
Euthebiu@box:/root$ kernelversion
2.6
Euthebiu@box:/root$
This is my kernel version! I tryed apt-get kernel-image-2.6-k7 but ... i don`t know of that worked...
If someone knows...please answer me!!!
Thank you!
-
Senior Member
registered user
Hello,
the easiest way will be to download the newest Knoppix and go with that. Knoppix is not really made for updates, nevertheless you could try to upgrade your packages with apt-get (things might break however). If you are looking for a more upgradeable distribution, you might also consider Kanotix.
This is why I am using "poor man's install" (PMI) only, that makes upgrades a snap.
Greetings,
probono
-
First .. 10q probono...
Second...I run " dselect " and then "[I]nstall and upgrade wanted packeges" two times...and when I reboot , my old desktop has gone away and this upgrade gave my a new one -- IceWM. Now i can change WindowManagers to Flux Box , Window Maker ,etc.
can someone tell me how can i configure my desktop? (to put icons on it...)
now i have another problem...every time i have to mount my other partitions..
can u tell me what should do to automount the partitions?
Thank you!
Similar Threads
-
By jonl in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-31-2006, 07:26 AM
-
By Dreamofgilgamesh in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 10-03-2004, 05:12 PM
-
By redcartlinux9 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-24-2003, 07:33 PM
-
By fdupoux in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-05-2003, 10:42 PM
-
By rushworld in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-12-2003, 11:01 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Acer Aspire 14" AI Copilot+PC Laptop Core Ultra 5 226V Gen 4 ARC 16GB 1TB Refurb
$441.77

Samsung T9 1TB, External (MU-PG1T0B/AM) Solid Slate Drive
$188.99

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$427.48

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$288.98

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1694.85

Acer Aspire 16 16" Laptop Core Ultra 5 226V S2 16GB RAM 1TB SSD Arc Refurbished
$519.99

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99

Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot
$129.99

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$31.99

External SSD 1TB 2TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.1 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$15.99