-
Uninstalling HD Install
In a precarious position, I need to uninstall Knoppix on my computer. One thing I do notice when I slap in a windows install CD (yea, I'm evil), the CD does not get read on boot up, and instead my normal boot up into Knoppix on my HD happens.
I've checked my BIOS settings (hit F1 at startup) and I have CD selected as the first choice.
How can I 'uninstal' knoppix for now, and install the cheesy windows system again??
Thanks in advance.
jerry
-
Administrator
Site Admin-
That just doesn't make sense in so many ways, one really suspects something else is going on. Can you boot any other CD (like the Knoppix CD, or a custom Knoppix release like DSL or any other live CD)? How about a rescue CD (some may pause and let you swap CD's then let you select Boot CD from a menu). What BIOS is it? Have you tried completely removing boot hard drive from any of the boot up options?
-
Perhaps your Windows CD isn't even bootable. In any case, http://bootdisk.com/ has a selection of bootable floppy disks (for all versions of Windows) which you can use to get started. They load some form of DOS and give you access to the CD drive so that you can run setup.exe or whatever.
Similar Threads
-
By astump in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-25-2005, 10:13 PM
-
By sn0wflake in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-31-2004, 05:20 PM
-
By anman in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 6
Last Post: 12-12-2003, 03:49 AM
-
By bigjohn in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-08-2003, 10:53 PM
-
By bigfootedman in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-22-2003, 06:08 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage DEC E2052-AA AlphaServer I/O Board 9 Gold Ceramic ICs 4.3 LB Gold Scrap
$799.00

Vintage DEC Digital T1043 DWMBB/B VAXBI XMI Adapter 5018232-01 C1 VAX Board
$119.99

Vintage DEC Digital XMI-A1 5017293-01A1 LWPR BE3-0 VAX Circuit Board T2012
$74.99

Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7)
$279.99

Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On)
$499.99

Vintage DEC LK201 Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC) LK201-AA Computer Keyboard
$149.99

Vintage Digital VR241-A color CRT monitor, powers on, DEC Rainbow or terminal
$150.00

VINTAGE DEC 54-20470-02 MULTI-PLANE SPX COLOR GRAPHICS CARD FOR VXT2000 TERMINAL
$169.00

Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW
$269.99

Vintage DEC Digital VSXXX-AA.B03 Hawley 3-Button Mouse 1986 Tested Working
$111.00