-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: Flash and DVD on demand.
[original: Sa März 29, 2003 6:13 pm]

Originally Posted by
zzyzx
Maybe you could create a script with a checkbox for a whole slew of stuff
DVD decss
Flash Player Mozilla
Flash Player Konqueror
Real Media Player
Mplayer
Mplayer Mozilla Plugin
Mplayer Konq Plugin
PHP4 , GD2 , MySQL
I guess I may be getting gentoo here.
DVD decss -> in mplayer
Flash Player Mozilla - OK
Flash Player Konqueror - OK
Real Media Player - not possible
Mplayer - possible with tweaking
Mplayer Mozilla Plugin - possible & easy
Mplayer Konq Plugin - possible & easy
PHP4 , GD2 , MySQL - should be possible with /etc/php.ini tweaking
Problems for the last: Dependencies needed and apt-get is due to "missing" sources-files not usable on default ... But could be possible ...
[edit:]
Seems, that I was wrong. New list follows:
DVD decss -> in mplayer, but could also be otherwise possible.
Flash Player Mozilla - OK
Flash Player Konqueror - OK
Real Media Player - seems actually to be possible, will test soon. [edit2: Easily possible! Only plugin needs tweaking]
Mplayer - possible with tweaking (tweaking? at least with marillats packages I have a really high bunch of dependencies to even get the elf-file running, but heh now it works, and I'm still on CD
) )
Mplayer Mozilla/Konq Plugin - possible & easy -> It is not! Only with root chaning /etc/profile and /etc/ld.so.conf can it be possible, but I'm stuck here. Another solution is to compile it on the fly and hardcode path of mplayer
) (did I tell you that I know the mplayerplug-in code and am contributor ?
)
PHP4 , GD2 , MySQL - should be possible with /etc/php.ini tweaking, will look into this later ...
UPDATE! (on my local copy)
DVD decss -> in mplayer
Flash Player Mozilla - OK
Flash Player Konqueror - OK
Real Media Player - OK
Mplayer - OK
Mplayer Mozilla Plugin - OK
Mplayer Konq Plugin - OK
PHP4 , GD2 , MySQL - not tried yet
Hm, I begin to like this multimedia-knoppix!
I'll think about it! - More!
cu
Fabian
PS: Just sent my debian-packet to Klaus. I wonder what he will say
[edit: still now answer ... :-/]
Similar Threads
-
By fabiand in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 05-15-2007, 09:47 PM
-
By convert in forum Ideas
Replies: 5
Last Post: 05-22-2004, 02:01 AM
-
By bonecrusher in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-05-2004, 11:17 AM
-
By Fabianx in forum Ideas
Replies: 10
Last Post: 07-30-2003, 04:41 AM
-
By Fabianx in forum Ideas
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-30-2003, 01:36 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

Dell Poweredge R620 10x 2.5" bay with 256GB (16x16gb) DDR3, 2x E5-2690v2, H710
$349.99

Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700
$289.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$248.00

Dell Poweredge C4130 2x LGA2011-3 1U 4x GPU Rackmount Server CTO (NO CPU/NO RAM)
$299.95

Dell PowerEdge R740 E38S001 Server E38S
$660.00