-
Here's the deal...
Alright, I'm sorry for being so vague before. When I type "cfdisk" in superuser mode, I get the error:
FATAL ERROR: Bad primary partition 1: Partition begins after end-of-disk.
Press any key to exit cfdisk
When I type "cfdisk" in a regular shell, it gives me the error:
FATAL ERROR: Cannot open disk drive
When I type the command df, to find more about my filesystems, I get:
Filesystem 1K-blocks Used Available Use% Mounted on
/dev/root 3471 1109 2362 32% /
/dev/scd0 716308 716308 0 100% /cdrom
/dev/cloop 1943588 1943588 0 100% /KNOPPIX
/ramdisk 145928 2244 143684 2% /ramdisk
AND when I try to use QTParted to delete and manage partitions, the program opens, but I can only do a few limited things.
Any help would be really appreciated, I am a Linux newbie who wishes to help others someday.
Similar Threads
-
By goober in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-01-2004, 03:49 AM
-
By Kowood in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 13
Last Post: 09-19-2004, 08:08 PM
-
By bob58 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-28-2004, 02:09 AM
-
By donald_willy in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-07-2004, 05:09 AM
-
By senorian in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 05-20-2003, 03:19 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Collector Gold Cap chip board (ME)
$300.00

Sanyo DM 5012CM Solid State Data Display Monitor Working Vintage 1980s 80s
$169.99
![Compaq Presario 5BW284: Intel Pentium III, 40GB HD, 256MB Ram [Windows 98SE] picture](/store/img/g/5ywAAeSwNrpqwcku/s-l225/Compaq-Presario-5BW284-Intel-Pentium-III-40GB-HD-2.jpg)
Compaq Presario 5BW284: Intel Pentium III, 40GB HD, 256MB Ram [Windows 98SE]
$169.99

Dell Inspiron E1505 Vintage Laptop – Windows XP – Working
$50.00

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95

Vintage Gold Cap chip collector board (ME)
$200.00

Sylvania Smartbook SYNET07526 7" Netbook WIN CE Notebook Computer Boxed Vintage
$33.77

Intel C1702AD White ceramic vintage collectable chip ALL LEGS INTACT (BO)
$250.00

Vintage Core CL9 Master Universal Remote Control Steve Wozniak (Apple) READ
$988.88

Vintage Promise EIDEMAX Enhanced IDE Disk Controller ISA Non-RAID Card Boxed
$34.99