Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 12 of 12

Thread: Wifi Problems ... Unable to set essid on Belkin F5D7000uk

  1. #11
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    9
    WORKING -- FANTASTIC
    This post is from my Knoppix client.

    Ok here goes. It must have been a half hearted attempt to get it working without WEP.

    When I tried to reconfigure my access point with WEP again so the other XP PCs reconnected, I got no connections. I then realised I had been using an incorrect WEP password - got one of the capital letters wrong (teach me to have such a complicated one). As soon as I used the right one, I could set the correct essid first time.

    A network AP so secure that event the owner cannot get in.

    Thanks for your help Grant, without it I would have given up by now

    Steve

  2. #12
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    62
    Quote Originally Posted by sventhebrit
    WORKING -- FANTASTIC
    This post is from my Knoppix client.

    Ok here goes. It must have been a half hearted attempt to get it working without WEP.

    When I tried to reconfigure my access point with WEP again so the other XP PCs reconnected, I got no connections. I then realised I had been using an incorrect WEP password - got one of the capital letters wrong (teach me to have such a complicated one). As soon as I used the right one, I could set the correct essid first time.

    A network AP so secure that event the owner cannot get in.

    Thanks for your help Grant, without it I would have given up by now

    Steve
    Pleased to have been of assistance. However, I admit that before I read [i]this/i] post when logging on this morning I was stumped.

    I am pleased you let everyone including me know what the final issue was; I'll file that away for the next time someone gets stuck

    Grant D. Vallance

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Problems with RTT2500 Wifi/ Knoppix 3.8
    By ecspike in forum Networking
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-15-2005, 07:28 AM
  2. Problems with Belkin WiFi
    By iD:0t in forum Networking
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 02-14-2005, 07:54 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-22-2004, 05:52 PM
  4. Belkin F5D6020 wlan card problems
    By extricator71 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-14-2004, 07:20 AM
  5. odd problems with belkin pcmcia network card
    By corwinspyre in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-26-2003, 03:46 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC picture

24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC

$349.99



Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11 picture

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11

$62.55



1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot picture

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot

$202.50



USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack picture

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack

$826.09



USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot picture

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot

$3.75



MICRON 32Gb 2x 16GB MTA18ASF2G72PDZ 2RX8 PC4-2400T Server Memory Ram picture

MICRON 32Gb 2x 16GB MTA18ASF2G72PDZ 2RX8 PC4-2400T Server Memory Ram

$150.00



Samsung 32GB 2Rx4 DDR4 PC4-2133P M393A4K40BB0-CPB4Q ECC Server Memory Module picture

Samsung 32GB 2Rx4 DDR4 PC4-2133P M393A4K40BB0-CPB4Q ECC Server Memory Module

$150.00



TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot picture

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot

$573.98



Lot of 4 8GB DDR4 PC4-2400T ECC Registered Server RAM 32GB 1Rx8 RDIMM MICRON picture

Lot of 4 8GB DDR4 PC4-2400T ECC Registered Server RAM 32GB 1Rx8 RDIMM MICRON

$149.99